the beginning / prequel

Nature's method of keeping watch was that of a witch

Nature's method of keeping watch was that of a witch. A witch blessed with powers nearly identical to those of nature. The one and only witch allowed immortality. She was not constrained by any natural law or magic. Her magic was her will.

Aradia.

The Witch Queen.

The one who introduced magic to the world. She was approached by those who wanted her blessing to practice magic. The people she believed deserving were bestowed with the ability to practice magic. Stronger magic had been bestowed upon the most devoted and sincere people, including Bennet, Coleman, Gemini, and Eyra. Thus, the witches' lineage began.

Things eventually started to fall apart. The magic that was supposed to improve the world started to cause destruction. Aradia became aware of her immortality and the possibility that, should she choose to have children in the future, they would not turn out as intended. She sensed that they would, indeed bring destruction.

She cried out to the nature , pleading for help. The nature did what it does best—it made a loophole.

Aradia was unable to become pregnant through another witch. Only humans or any other supernatural beings might be the parents of her offspring. Aradia would die when she gave birth since all of her powers would pass to her child and she would melt back into the natural world. And her offspring were to inherit this blessing or curse.

"what if i give birth to a boy?" With a smile, nature informed her that her family would only have girls and that she would give birth to one.

She had been watching over nature and keeping everything in balance for an extended period when she finally laid eyes on a handsome man. She was mesmerized by his green eyes and fell in love. When they got married, the witches, who were unaware of the curse, were eager to see the children of their queen.

Aradia informed her husband that their daughter will be guided by nature after her demise. She also predicted that she would rise to become the next greatest witch the world has ever seen. She would preserve the environment and restore harmony to it.

The night Aradia gave birth to her daughter was the darkest night in recorded earth history. The seas nearly touched the clouds, the sky nearly went completely black, and the winds howled loudly, all because Aradia, who was basically one with nature, was losing her strength and dying.

When nature began calling Aradia back, she did not stop smiling. Her hand reached out, hoping to at least hold her daughter, but it was not to be. Her hands dropped to her sides, and she smiled as she turned to face the full moon, saying her final words in her daughter's name. The night resonated with her name.

"Selena"

***

At this time, the music, dancing, and alcohol were all fantastic. The 1920s were the decade of the supernatural; the world served as their playground.