Chapter 9

Selene's Pov

Selene's Pov

"You do not seem to be in a great mood today, Ms. Aradia." I glare at Elijah as he flips through his book, sitting smugly across me.

"Well, forgive me if I don't like to be dragged out of bed in the early morning only to sit and wait for someone to not show up." I shoot him a fake smile.

Elijah's smirk grows as he hums before closing his book and giving me his full attention.

"I sent my people to gently remind you of our meeting today." He smiles at me and I have a feeling he's not finished.

"At eleven. I would hardly call that morning." I blink at him. Did he just -?

"You're old."

"Anyways, about my brother. Do not worry, he will show up soon." He says with such confidence that for a moment my annoyance is replaced with curiousity.

"I have heard stories about your family. Well, as much as witches would tell me. They're scared to tell more, afraid they'll cross a line and have an original on their tail." I tell him and he chuckles leaning back comfortably.

"Trust me my family is not as bad as they tell you." I look down for a moment then look up with a much softer look.

"I don't judge people by stories." He stays silent observing me, a look of astonishment in his eyes before he nods.

We hear a crashing sound from the living room and rush there. The servants are on the ground, dead.

"Well, your brother is certainly dramatic." I tell Elijah not taking my eyes off the bodies.

"He is" Elijah mutters then looks around.

"Niklaus"

Neeeeeeklaus

"I am pretty sure it's Niklaus" I tell him and he frowns.

"You just said-never mind." I wave my hand to dismiss this conversation. This is not important right now.

"Do not play one of your games in my house, brother. Show yourself."

Geez, he's old pro max.

"I'm sure you mean our house, don't you, Elijah?" I hear a voice and freeze.

Compared to Elijah, this one has a significantly deeper accent. It has a deeper tone and is tinged with irony, humor, and darkness. I don't miss the way it sends a chill down my spine and causes my eyes to start looking for the person who owns that voice.