Chapter 7

Selene's PoV

Selene's PoV

It dawns on me that I am outside Elena's room. The voices are coming from inside the room and from the living room.

Despite being unable to fully understand what was happening, I swallow and head to Elena's room.I gently push the door open, so as not to startle her.

"Elena, please, hide me." That voice, which is mine, makes me freeze.

My hands were trembling as I fully pushed open the door. Though it's not completely black, I can still make out what's going on.

I see my almost twelve-year-old self on all fours staring up at the seven-year-old brunette who is staring at me with a mixture of doubt and frustration in her eyes. My heart tightens as I hear the heavy footsteps matching upstairs.

I turn to face myself since I don't think she heard the man striding up the stairs.

I sigh and tell her to hide, but she remains in that spot. Fear grips me and I tighten my hold on the doorknob. I let out a loud scream this time.

"Dot, hide!!"

The young child jerks her head in my direction, and I was relieved that she heard me. Her gaze recognizes concern in mine, almost as though she is looking through me. The relief, though, is fleeting because a tear escapes her eye and her eyebrows pull in terror.

When I turn around and see who is standing there, even my face goes pale. It dawns on me that she is staring behind me.

Gilbert Grayson.

Also he is standing there beside them, not by himself.

"No, please don't." I hear myself and turn to see that she is afraid and is holding Elena's bedsheet. I'm afraid.

"It's okay, Selly, you are sick, but they will help you." Elena tells us, but we simultaneously shake our heads and respond.

"I am not sick!" I feel as if my surroundings are glitching as I see Grayson reaching for me and I rush to her, but dark clouds obscure my view.

Elena's room is starting to give way to something brighter. I shut my eyes and blinked till I could see again and could see my surroundings.

Yes, I'm there. I'm back there.

I try to move, but my legs won't budge. All I can do is watch as Grayson and the others place my partially conscious body on the stretcher. Grayson gives a knife to my younger self.

"Selena, can you hear me?" I sigh as he taps my cheek.

"Red Lights"

Abruptly, my eyelids open, and I look alert. I make an attempt to leave my spot and jolt her out of her trance, but I'm helpless.

"Can you hear me?"

When she responds to Grayson's question, her tone becomes more assertive and almost mechanical.