Chapter 5

Selene heard a sharp knock on her front door as she was painting

She ignored it.

Then her cell phone rang.

She ignored it.

Elena's voice roared from outside when she had her attention on her painting.

"I know you're in there, Selly. Open the door." 

With a groan, she opened it. Elena studied her appearance; Selene's clothes had a few splatters of paint on them.

"I'm heading over to Stefan's. Would you like to join?" Selene's head tipped.

"No." She started to close the door, but Elena stopped it with a hand. 

"Damon will be there." 

"Woah, Woah , Woah, what is that supposed to mean?" Selene asked narrowing her eyes.

"Nothing. Just that he scares me and I'd prefer if someone was there with me when I meet the two blood sucking creatures." Elena said, covering up what she was going to say earlier and Selene just rolled her eyes, grabbing her keys.

"Let's go."

As they reach the Salvatore Boarding House, Elena knocks while Selene leans on the pillar near the door.

The door opens and there stands Damon.

"Is Stefan here?" Elena asks.

"No greetings? You are learning" Selene pats Elena with a smile.

"Yep." Damon says looking at the witch.

"Where is he?" Elena asks again.

"And good morning to you, little miss " I'm on a mission"."

Selene smirks at her sister who frowns.

"How can you be so arrogant and glib after everything that you've done?" Elena spits out at Damon.

"And how can you be so brave and stupid to call a vampire arrogant and glib?" Selene asks baffled by her stupidity.

"Exactly." Damon says pointing a finger at Selene.

"If you wanted me dead, I'd be dead." Elena says ignoring Selene.

"Yes, you would."

"But I'm not." Selene managed to hide a laugh at the human's confidence.

"Yet." Damon says looking at the elder sister who narrows her eyes at him.

"He's upstairs singing "The rain in Spain". Knock yourself out." Elena pushes past Damon and enters inside.

"Hey! Did you just use me for a ride?" Selene yells after her sister but gets no reply. "Wow, little bitch. I now know what you mean by little siblings are pain in the ass." She looks at Damon who smirks at her.