Chapter 1

"There must be something that I'm doing wrong!"

Jenna smashed the island with her wine glass. With a giggle, Selene raised an eyebrow and bit down on hers.

"You're not doing anything wrong, Jenna." The twenty-one-year-old gave her assurance.

"Thank God you're here otherwise I would go mad." Jenna informed her close mate.

"Alright, you're just twenty-five. So relax. You will be forgiven even if you make mistakes." Pouring herself more wine, Selene grinned.

They heard footsteps at that point, and Jenna quickly hid her bottle and glass. Selene merely chuckled at her.

Selene refused to allow Jenna to take her friend's glass.

"Jenna?" Elena called as she went into the kitchen.

"Ah! You're here."

Selene grinned and said, "Hello Sister".

Rolling her eyes, Elena noticed the glass in Selene's hand. Selene simply grinned at her younger sister, whom she enjoyed teasing.

"I'm meeting Bonnie at the grill."

"All right, have fun. Hold on, I know. Since it's a school night, don't stay out late." Jenna gave Selene a look as she laughed.

"Well done, Aunt Jenna."

With a smile, Elena turned to walk away.

"Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on her." Selene gave her word.

"You have to."

***

When Selene arrived at Mystic Grills, she was searching for the person she was meeting.

Someone called out, "Selene!" to her.

Turning, she noticed the blonde yelling at her. She moved in their direction.

"Oh my god, you look so hot!" Selene laughed.

"Thank you, Caroline."

She grinned, then glanced around the table to see a new person and a few faces she recognized.

Bonnie responded, "Come join us," clearing a spot for her.

"No, it's alright. I have a visit with Sheriff Forbes." Selene answered back.

"Mom? But she is away on a case." Caroline gazed back.

Selene pulled out her phone to see what messages she had. Caroline was correct; Liz had left her a message apologising.