Chapter 3

Selene's Pov

Selene's Pov

I grab my phone and house keys, throw a black jacket over whatever I'm wearing, and rush out of the house.

In this world, a black jacket is always a good choice.

I close the door behind me, stuff the keys into my coat pocket, and walk across the street to Gilbert's house. I think I'm going to be late for dinner.

I hear a voice behind me as soon as I get to the door.

"Hi, there." I turn around and look at Stefan.

"And here I was thinking I was going to be late. I didn't even have time to get ready." I sarcastically roll my eyes.

"You look good." I wave my hand and he says, being nice. 

"How is everything going? Is Damon bugging you too much?" With a tilted head, I ask, and he laughs.

"Well, if you know him then I'd say Damon is being Damon." He answers.

"All well, then. Should we?" I ask, gesturing toward the door.

He rings the doorbell just as I reach for the handle. I give him a laughing glance.

"Right, you're the guest."

We find ourselves laughing at the absurdity of it all for no apparent reason whn Elena opens the door and her smile drops. I cleared my throat quickly and straightened up.

"Hello Sister, invite our guest in, please?" I speak while getting in the house and around her. 

I hear them sweet talking to each other and pretend to gag.

I put my hand on my heart at the smell of food as soon as I walk into the kitchen and see the dining table loaded with food.

"Hey, Selly." The younger Bennet greets me, I hear.
"Hello, Bonnie. I'm starving, God. I say pulling out two glasses and a bottle of wine from the cabinet.

We all take a seat around the round table as Elena and Bunny Hunter walk into the kitchen. Elena sits in front of me, between Bonnie and Stefan, and I take a seat between them.

I fill glasses with wine, give one to Stefan, keep the other for myself. I wink back at Stefan when he nods at me, showing his gratitude. 

"Um Selene what are you doing?" As I pop a cherry into my mouth, Elena asks.

"What am I now doing now, Elena?" I ask.

"Stefan can't drink, he's seventeen."

Stefan and I both hesitate and exchange glances before we start laughing quietly. I had forgotten that to them, he is just a human. I thought that question would make him nervous but he doesn't appear nervous. It looks like he's having as much fun as I am.