16

┊┊ཻུ۪۪ ͎. ˚  ཻུ۪۪ ͎. ˚   ° ┊┊ཻུ۪۪ ͎. ˚   °° °

april 4, 2024
thursday
9:20

the bright sunlight shined through my window, causing me to groan and roll over to grab my phone. my eyes opened when i felt the dozens of notifications and i sat upright in my bed while i stared at my phone screen. one message caught my attention immediately, it was a text from jacob as well as a missed call from him.

~~

MESSAGES

jacob

jacob
we need to talk.

~~

i let out a groan of disbelief before calling jacob immediately. i held my phone to my ear as it rang for a few minutes before he answered.

"hello?" i said.

"hey, finally you call back." he responded, his voice seemed like he was a little out of breath but it was also very calm. i could practically see him rolling his eyes as he spoke.

"yeah, sorry i just woke up...what's up?" i asked, my tone calm.

"i don't even know where to begin..." he muttered into the mic. this response confused me as there could be a million different topics he wanted to discuss. i sat in the edge of my bed as i waited for him to continue. "i guess since you just woke up you haven't been on your phone other than to call me, right?" he continued.

"right." i confirmed.

he cleared his throat. "well, that video of you talking to the reporters where you kind of defended my name is surfacing the internet, and someone clapped back." he said with a sigh.

"who?" i asked, my voice filled with curiosity.

"joey king." he answered without hesitation. i rolled my eyes as i fell back into the pillows of my bed. joey king was not only in the kissing booth movies, but was also jacob's ex girlfriend. i let out a deep sigh.

"are you serious?" was the only thing i could say.

"yeah." he replied, a slight hint of embarrassment in his voice. i could tell that he felt pretty uncomfortable having to tell me that information. it must've been difficult having to be the one who had to inform me that his ex girlfriend was now bashing me online.

"well...what's she saying?" i asked him.

"a lot..." he said as he took a deep breath. "she said how you've never been relevant for anything except for your relationships to famous guys, me being one of them, and that you're not even good-looking..." and i heard jacob clear his throat once more before his response. "she said that you have a huge ego and are seeking attention." he said in a low tone, almost as if he hoped i didn't clearly hear what he said. "which we both know is false, but a lot of people just love to believe what is popular." he mumbled to himself.