38

as we drove home, we were both lost in our own thoughts. it had been a wonderful vacation, but the real world was calling. work, responsibilities, and the daily grind were all waiting for us back in los angeles.

we pulled up to my house and wearily got out of the car, gathering our luggage and the dogs. as we made our way inside, i couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness. i had already missed the peacefulness of the countryside.

but then jacob put his arms around me and pulled me close, his warm embrace immediately melting away my sadness. he kissed the top of my head and said, "we'll go back someday."  and for some reason, just hearing him say those words made it all feel a little more bearable.

we made our way into the house, the dogs following closely behind us. they immediately collapsed onto the couch, clearly exhausted from the flight. jacob looked at them and chuckled. "looks like they're going to be out for the night."

i laughed, nodding in agreement. "yeah, i think they're officially beat." we both sat down on the couch and took a moment to just relax. i couldn't lie, it was good to be back in our own home.

┊┊ཻུ۪۪ ͎. ˚  ཻུ۪۪ ͎. ˚ ° ┊┊ཻུ۪۪ ͎. ˚ °°  ° ཻུ۪۪ ͎. ˚

QUINN'S HOME
los angeles, california
august 21, 2024
wednesday
11am

as i woke up i looked next to me only to see jacob wasn't in bed, with raised eyebrows i grabbed my phone just to see my family was texting me.

~~

MESSAGES

fam jam

mom
what's on everyone's agenda
today? i think it'd be good
for the family to have a nice
day together.

quinn
not much planned today.
was gonna just lounge around
with jacob.

lyla
i was going to just chill at
home with my fam, but what's up?

mom
nothing major. just thought
it would be nice to all hang out
as a family today. i miss seeing you all.

ashton
i second that!

quinn
then how about we all
meet at you and
ashton's house?

mom
sounds good! what time should
we plan on?

quinn
how about 2pm?

lyla
👍