04- after-school chess expert (not) -Liam and Lucian

A knock was heard from the other end of the door, Lucian sleepily turned the knob.

Lucian's mom: hey sweetie- uhh.. your GPA seems to be low.. and it'd really concerni-

Lucian's dad: disappointing.

Lucian's mom: honey! That's our kid!

Lucian's dad: he has a 2.62.

The dog's mother groaned, giving his father a glare. Lucian sighed.

Lucian: let me guess, you guys want me to do tutoring or something-?

Lucian's mom: not re-

Lucian's dad: you'll be attending an after-school chess club.

Lucian: What about my jo-

Lucian's dad: your boss allowed it.

Lucian: dammit.

Both of his parents left him, slightly arguing a bit. Lucian just faced the wall, fell face front, groaning loudly.

Lucian: fuck..

He sat on the bed, studying the chess board somewhat carefully. Eventually, he got distracted and just stared at the posters along his wall. His gaze softened towards the ink pen besides a paper. Only written with:

To Liam

~

The dog barely even started. He just ended up sleeping after 2 minutes into studying chess again. This was too stupid.

Next day, afternoon (3:00pm)

The bell rung, after-school activities are available now. He stared at his notes towards where the room was. "Room 3107 Khor, Miles, along Room 3108 Kit, Nova." The room was only in the other building.

He finally stood beside the rooms, checking his notes once again to be sure.
A spider peered out the door.

???: ah! Rayden! I haven't seen you since you were in middle school, Come in!

Lucian: ha- hey Miles-

Mr. Miles: I'm very sorry if the club seems small. Not many students are interested in chess this year-

Lucian: uhuh..

Somehow 3/4s of Mr. Miles' seats filled are too little to him.

Mr. Miles: oh! I should introduce you to your assigned partner!

The spider pulled a goat next to him, the angelic goat yelped from the sudden movement.

Mr. Miles: This will be your assigned chess partner. They're VERY intelligent, I'm sure you're skillful at chess, right Rayden?

Lucian's blush crept up a bit, pausing a bit before he replied.

Lucian: O-OH- YEAH- IM GOOD AT C-CHESS-

Mr. Miles: oh! That's great! I'm sure you met Liam, right Rayden?

Lucian: uhhh.. uhuh-

Mr. Miles squinted a bit at Lucian awkward gestures, widening his gaze at realization. He chucked a bit.

Mr. Miles: well I'll leave the both of you alone for now, have fun!

The spider went back to his desk, glaring at the pair with a slight grin. Lucian knows he would do anything to know information towards students. Any information. Liam sighed, motioning Lucian towards their table.

Liam: Lucian? Are you going to come or-

Lucian: oh- yeah, coming-

Liam: you know how to play, right?

Lucian: yeah- I'm pretty good if I say so myse-

Liam: you misplaced some of the pieces.

Crap. Lucian quickly placed the pieces towards their "correct positions." Liam giggled a bit, is that a good sign??

Liam: Lucian- you're supposed to put it like-

Liam placed the dog's pieces towards the correct order.

Lucian: oh I was just uh joking uh-

Lucian accidently placed his hand over liam's hand, just about to place the king. Lucian's hairs perked out as his shoulders tensed up. Blush intensifying a bit. Liam squeaked, blushing faintly with a bit of a similar expression.

Lucian pulled his hand back, now staring at the floor ashamed. He fake coughed a bit. Liam peeked over to Mr. Miles, oh he definitely knows.

Liam: I'll just place it there- ok so uh I'll go first..

Lucian: mhm- yeah-

Lucian whined nervously. His eye twitched a little while his mind replayed that scene.

Liam: lucian-

Lucian: UH- THERE-

He moved the king forward. Stupid move. Liam sighed, his ears peered down. The goat placed the horse forward and knocked the king aside.

Liam: checkmate- also you're supposed to defend the king-

Lucian: a- I knew that-

Liam rose a brow, doubting that by now. After an hour passed, Liam won all the rounds. Chess club ended.

Mr. Miles: I know how you lo- peers. Are enjoying your chess game- but it's pass the time, the both of you should go now.

Liam: nice meeting you again, Lucian.

Liam had a soft tone towards the "lucian." The hound coughed, tail twitching a bit.

Lucian: nice meeting you too firef- Liam-

Liam chuckled a bit at the nickname, softening his gaze a bit.

Liam: alright chinta- I'll see you later

Liam tossed his bag, tweeking the strap a bit, he looked back at Lucian with a sweet gaze. The goat closed the door, leaving Lucian with the history and chess club teacher.

Lucian: What does that mea-

Mr. Miles: it's Malaysian, can't say what it means~

Lucian sighed. He looked down at his palm. "Call me ---_----_---- from: Liam" lucian creeped up a slightly dry smile, he immediately ran out of the room.

Same day, bedroom (11:00pm)

He quickly pressed the digits, calling liam as he excitedingly waited for him to answer. The phone finally answered.

Liam: who?

Lucian: lucia-

Liam: oh! Want to hangout during the weekend or something-? I have nothing to do

Lucian: oh, OH- YEAH- SURE-!

Liam: alright, see ya-

Lucian hung up and fell back onto the bed, a derpy, wobbly, dumb, yet genuine smile.

He stared at the letter and quickly sat on the seat, rolling in the chair as he tweaked his piercings. He stared at the letter and quickly jotted some words, completing atleast 5 lines. He leaned back against the seat, proud of his "charisma." The next morning he read it and groaned. Too corny. What the fuck what his dumbest thinking.