Chapter 11 - Transcendance

"This is indeed Area 3," Justice uttered in a clearly disappointed tone, crossing his arms and letting out a deep breath.

"I sense no living beings of magic here... At least not in the proximity we are standing in," Hero said, mesmerized by the appearance of the place he was in.

"What was this Area like before this supposedly happened?" Hero questioned as he turned his head over to Justice.

"It was once a city like Area 1... But perhaps it is much more than that now if you could not tell, and The Guardian, never knew much about him, he was quite enigmatic," Justice said, pointing out to one of the many, infinite, rotating buildings and skyscrapers.

"...I see," Hero spoke, taking a deep breath before he sat down on the platform they were on, amidst the endless, spiraling void.

"Since I sense no people in this place at the moment, why don't we take this opportunity to rest? We have been practically fighting non-stop," Hero proposed, with Justice shrugging his arms in agreement as he too sat down on the ground, facing in front of Hero.

"And plus, I do have some things I wish to know," Hero looked up to the sky above him, only to see more of those rotating buildings.

"Sure, ask away!" Justice said as he smiled.

"What made all this? And I don't mean this Area alone, who and what created all of these areas?"

Justice's initial grin faded away almost instantaneously as his face toughened up, however, he was still able to reform it quickly before Hero noticed.

"If I gave you the full history, it would be quite a hassle to explain, so I'll just tell it to you in a very simple way," Justice replied.

"So, to start off..."

"The King,"

"Most know him as Area 6's Guardian, the last Area, however, what they don't know, and we Guardians do, is that he actually created all of the Areas, and I don't mean just the large platforms and structures, he created the entire damn dimensions, he even created us Guardians as well,"

"So that would make him stronger than you and all the other Guardians? Even the Areas themselves?" Hero questioned, genuinely shocked as his upper body slightly lifted.

"Not even atoms would be left," Justice spoke, chuckling, much to Hero's uncomfortability.

"Though there's something special about you Hero, you've got massive potential, and I don't mean that in a metaphorical way, you barely knew how to use Magic before, and now, from what I've heard, going toe-to-toe with The Scientist," Justice stood up, walked up to Hero as he then tapped on his chest several times, where his Core resides.

"You definitely have what it takes to take The King down,"

"But we'll have to see if you can get stronger by then! Anyways, anything else?" Justice said as he fell down to the ground on his back, rather comfortably as he looked up to the skyscraper-filled sky.

"This is my last question, but why were you trapped in Area 0 in the first place? Pardon me if it is a bit personal," Hero asked in a slightly hesitant tone, as he wished not to cause any... 'reaction'.

Justice's expression stayed the same, but his right eye noticeably twitched for a moment before he exhaled and began to speak.

"I simply committed a level of treason that not even death would be enough to compensate for," Justice replied before standing up as did Hero, who stayed slightly on guard if Justice were to react somewhat undesirably.

"Well! That conversation got me roughed up, say, I think we've been on this platform for a while, why don't we hop off now?" Justice said as he pointed off to a random direction in the void.