027

— smack ×2

Adileo didn't understand why Cale had gone into the training area with an upset look on his face  at firsr but seemed to have figured it out after what the old God had said.

But the rest, especially the children were confused.
The large iron gate opened wide.

"What's wrong with the human?" Raon stared at the gate in a confused and curious manner and that was followed up by the kittens.

"Do you think something happened to Goldie, nya?"

"Maybe?"

Raon looked at Adileo as if he had the answers.

Of course Adileo didn't provide him with an answer and shrugged causing the baby Dragon to frown. Adileo didn't mind and moved next to Choi Han who glanced at him but didn't speak.

The group had fell back into silence but after a bit the gates started to open again.

The children averaging nine-years-old followed by the stone faced Adileo ran toward Cale and Eruhaben.

“Gramps! Human!”

“Grandpa, your complexion looks good!”

“You look better! Wow!”

"You look less old." It was clear who said the last sentence.

The familiar sound of a hand smacking adileo sounded along with an soft ouch. Adileo never held back his words and paid greatly for it each time.

"You rude bastard." Eruhaben said as he rubbed his temples but anyone could see the warm smile in his eyes.

Cale walked past the children averaging nine-years-old and blank faced Adileo who were approaching the ancient Dragon with joyful expressions and walked out through the iron gate.

“Hmm?”

“Human?”

"....?"

Adileo rubbed his head and looked at Cale who didn't spare them a glance. It seems an argument must've happened—or something similar.

Raon, On, Adileo, and Hong looked at Cale, but he was already putting his hand on someone’s shoulder.

“Secretary-nim.”

“…Hmm?”

Bud responded back to the suddenly warm Cale with a suspicious expression. Cale smiled brightly at that moment.

“Gramps! The human is smiling like the crown prince!”

"The crown prince smiles like that? creepy."

Cale ignored Raon’s and Adileo's comment and continued in a gentle tone.

“Hand over the directory.”

The Mercenaries Guild’s record of strong individuals.

The Directory.

And then they would visit the Castle of Light.

The ancient times and the White Star. The truth about all of that.

Cale was heading toward all of that, as well as the moment he could smack the White Star from behind.

“…The Directory?”

“Yes.”

'The Directory? what's that?'

[ It's where Mercenaries keep information about strong or influential people that have appeared over the years. ]

'oh. books. Boring.'