030

The White Star’s Identity

The White Star.

If that bastard tried to hide himself...it wouldn't be hard at all.

“Where are the records of the first Mercenary King?”

Cale’s gaze was focused on the current Mercenary King and the books behind him.

“…It is not here.”

Bud could not hide his shock.

“It’s not there. It’s really not here.”

Bud’s pupils started to shake as he looked at Cale.

“There’s absolutely no information. The title of first Mercenary King and his name are here, but that’s the only thing here when the Mercenaries Guild system he created is still here after 1,000 years!”

Bud finally realized the odd situation.

Adileo had moved beside Cale though he had a strange booklet in his hand because when he had passed it before the God in his head shouted at him to grab it.

The booklet looked like something from ancient times and was almost falling apart but grabbed it anyway.

He didn't glance at it but looked at the Mercenary King.

he secretly added another word to the Mercenary King’s description inside his head.

Dumb.

A fact that had been so obvious to Adileo and Cale that had just arrived here had jusr resurfaced in Bud's mind.

He had looked for this information before.

“When I first became the Mercenary King… I found it odd. The first Mercenary King was the only one whose powers and details of his life were not recorded here!”

Bud brushed back his hair after feeling both frustration and a sense of clarity.

“That is why, that is why… That is why I! I contacted the city’s library and libraries around the Eastern continent and asked for information on the first Mercenary King.”

Cale, who was calm unlike the frazzled Bud, asked back but at the same time he took a piece of a frozen strawberry from Adileo who got them from somewhere.

where? he had no clue.

“You asked, and…?”

“Ha!”

Bud let out a gasp-like laugh.

“Do you know what information I got?”

Although he was a sword master and the Mercenary King, Bud had always liked books since he was young and enjoyed searching for and thinking about things.

This was the information such a person had found about the first Mercenary King.

“The Great Mercenary King who created the large faction that managed to survive on the Eastern continent while many kingdoms rose and fell for 1,000 years. He was the role model for all mercenaries and the mercenaries did not hesitate to act on his behalf.”

Bud scoffed as he continued on.

“That’s all I found.”

"And you didn’t think it was suspicious?" Adileo pointed out the almost obvious to Bud.

Bud seemed to want to defend himself but somehow couldn't looking at Adileo's look that screamed 'are you an idiot?'

Cale rubbed his forehead and then patted Adileo's head almost trying to shut him up but luckily Adileo took the cue.