1

Julie just got out of music class. It was quite noisy in the hallway of the school, as usual, but the music that had been playing in the girl's head ever since three guys appeared in her life drowned out all this fuss.
The band is back in business, no one and nothing can stop them. It seemed to Julie that the worst was over. But it was also difficult for Julie to get used to the fact that guys are now tangible. It's like they're not ghosts anymore. But only for her.
Suddenly, the girl saw Luke approaching her. The veil of thoughts in her head parted and she looked indignantly into Luke's eyes, while carefully looking around, hoping that not so many people were paying attention to her now.
- Hey, Julie! - Luke smiled and didn't seem to notice the girl's displeased face at all.
- Luke, what are you doing here? - Julie whispered, still looking around.
- I just wanted to see you. - There was an awkward pause between them. - Julie tilted her head down slightly so that Luke couldn't see her confused face. - And tell you the great news! We signed up to perform at a cool club.
Julie took her phone out of her bag and put it to her ear. At least that way, she could be calm.
- Great, yes. When are we performing?
- Tomorrow night. Shall we rehearse? When will you be free?
- I don't know, there's a lot to do today... - Julie sighed slightly. Luke turned back.
- Look who's coming here, it's Nick. - Luke was smiling and looking into Julie's eyes.
Julie mouthed to Luke that it was time for him to go, but he just shook his head and smiled. The guy was in no hurry.
- Hi, Nick! Long time no see... - Julie said too happily.
- Really? - Luke asked, and Julie leaned slightly in his direction to push him. - Hey!
- Yes, it's been a long time, if 20 minutes is a lot for you. - Nick smiled and shifted his gaze from Julie a little to the left, right to where Luke was standing. Luke noticed this and even thought that Nick could see him. Luke turned to Julie to tell her about it, but Julie was looking at Nick, who was telling her something about a dance lesson.
Julie's hand came into contact with Luke's, which made him smile. He still couldn't get used to it, but he really liked it. He squeezed the girl's hand in his, and she was taken aback. Julie even forgot for a moment that she was talking to Nick.
- Nick, did you want something? - Julie came to her senses abruptly, but she still held her hand in Luke's, and he didn't let go of her.
- Actually, I wanted to invite you to the cinema. It's not a date, I promise.
- This is exactly a date, Julie.  Luke whispered.
- Okay, it's a date. - Nick repeated Luke's words, and the guy was surprised again.
- I'm sorry, I can't... - Julie said carefully.
- Yes, I remember, you like someone else.  - Julie stared at Nick dumbfounded and couldn't understand why he decided to say this now that Luke could hear him. She didn't want Luke to know about it at all.
- Maybe I'll get lucky next time.  - Nick smiled at Julie and fixed his gaze on Luke again. The guy felt a little uneasy, but only until the moment when Nick did not leave.
- I don't know if it was my imagination, but it was as if he could see and hear me.
- It's not possible. - Julie smiled.
- Who is he? - The smile disappeared from Julie's face, she didn't want to talk about it.
- What are you talking about? - The girl tried to hush up the subject, but Luke was already in the mood for a conversation.
- The guy you like. Who is this lucky guy? - Luke's lips twitched in a smile and he looked back at Julie's eyes. Julie stared back and couldn't think of what she should say now.
- No, it's personal...
- Yes, I understand, but he's really lucky that you liked him. You're wonderful...
- What...?
- What? I have to go, I have a lot to do, see you later. - And Luke disappeared.
Julie was left alone, overwhelmed with feelings and not understanding what had just happened.
Julie took a deep breath and tried to cope with her emotions, but she couldn't resist the feelings that manifest when Luke is around. This connection was special.