17

It was a hard day at school for Julie. First Nick, then it was necessary to persuade the director to arrange a concert, because she promised. But she got through it all. They performed well on the school stage, all the students were happy with the show that Julie and the guys gave them. And the guys themselves really unloaded from unnecessary thoughts and worries.
And the only person who could spoil the girl's mood was Carrie Wilson. She was unhappy with Julie's success, and the girl saw it perfectly well, but she stopped paying attention to it a long time ago.
The scariest thing was that Carrie's father, Trevor, saw her band perform. And now Trevor wants to meet Julie and talk about it. For Carrie, it was a sign that her father wanted to be offered a contract fot Julie, but for Julie it was all too obvious. He recognized the guys. And what should she do about it? The girl's thoughts were busy with worries again, too many people already know about her ghosts.
Julie was walking home, and she didn't understand at all how she should tell the guys about it. They cheered up, she didn't want to upset them again, just not today. But she couldn't lie either. Not to them.
The guys were in the garage and met a frustrated Julie in a great mood.
- Hey, Julie, why are you so sad? - Luke asked anxiously.
- Dude, she's tired... - Reggie shook his head, as if only he understood the most obvious things. - Sit down and rest. We wrote a song, listen.
Julie didn't have time to say a word, obediently sat down on the sofa. The guys looked at each other with a smile and began to play a melody softly on the guitar, Julie suddenly became calmer.
Luke sang a couple of lines without taking his eyes off Julie, and a smile finally shone on her face.
- Well, you're smiling again, I like it better this way. - Luke said.
- Yes, I really feel better, it's a great song, guys.
Luke and Reggie looked at each other, pleased with themselves.
However, the girl's gaze became empty again and the smile disappeared from her face again. Julie turned to the side so that the guys wouldn't see her upset face again. But Luke couldn't help but notice.
- Julie, is something wrong?
- What? No, no, it's okay, Reggie's right, I'm just tired.
- Told you. - Reggie confirmed, but Luke just looked at him askance.
- Julie?
- Luke, it's okay, you have nothing to worry about. - Julie smiled a little. - I'm going to my room, I still have a couple of tasks to do.
- Will I see you again today? - Luke touched Julie's arm, but she only pulled away a little.
- I'm not sure, I'll see you tomorrow, okay? - Julie tried to smile at the guys again and left the garage. She couldn't spoil their mood, she would take all the worries on herself today and think carefully about the whole situation and what she would have to do.