9

The guys were hanging out in Julie's garage as usual. The time when Julie was at school was the longest and most painful for the guys.
Reggie and Alex were arguing about something, even out of boredom, while Luke was diligently writing something down in his notebook, and did not pay attention to the guys.
- Luke, are you writing a new song? - Alex was distracted from arguing with Reggie.
- Yup. - Luke answered briefly and plunged back into the lines
- Oh, show us. - Reggie joined in the conversation.
Luke smiled at the guys and picked up his guitar. He played a tune, singing a couple of the most successful lines.
- Dude, it's very cool... - Reggie said.
- Who is it about? - Alex asked.
- Julie... - Luke replied as quietly as possible, hoping that Alex would not hear him. But the smile on the guy's face said otherwise.
- Interesting.... Have you decided to confess your feelings to her? - Alex turned his attention to Reggie, who definitely hadn't heard anything and gave him a sign that he would explain everything later.
- Actually, I've already confessed... A little different. - The guys looked at each other in disbelief. - I kissed her.
- What?! - Alex and Reggie asked at the same time.
- Yes, I... - Luke smiled dreamily. - Okay, I need to finish the song.
- Wait, wait... You did what? - Reggie was still in shock.
- Why do you look like I did something wrong?
- And when were you going to tell us that you were a couple? - Alex asked.
- We don't... We didn't talk about it, actually. I'm not sure what...
- You kissed her and you're writing her a song, what are you not sure about yet!? - Reggie asked.
- I'm not sure she wants a guy who's dead.
- But this dead guy had already kissed her. - Alex clarified.
- Stop it, you know what I mean. Reggie, God, why are you looking at me like that?
- You have a duet now and you don't need a band anymore. -  Reggie sounded upset. Luke came closer to him and looked straight into his eyes.
- The band is above all for me and for Julie, be sure of that. Don't make a tragedy out of it, okay.
- And yet... - Alex looked at Luke. - You need to figure out what's going on between you.
- Of course, but first I owe her a song.
Luke went back to writing the song, even though Julie said he didn't need a song to talk about his feelings. He still wanted to please the girl, and capture their connection in music.