Pages of Past will Change the Future

As Arjuna sat attentively listening to Lord Krishna's words, he was deeply moved by the tale of Shikhandini's past life as Amba. Krishna spoke with a sense of compassion in his voice, recounting the tragic events that had unfolded in Amba's life.

"Arjuna, do you know the story of Amba, the princess who was wronged by Pitamah Bheeshma?" Krishna began, his eyes filled with empathy. "She was once a beautiful princess named Amba, who had set her heart on marrying the warrior prince she loved. But fate had other plans for her."

Arjuna's eyes widened with curiosity as he listened intently to Krishna's words. "What happened to Amba, my friend?" he inquired.

Krishna continued, "Amba's marriage proposal was rejected by the warrior prince, and in her despair, she sought refuge with Pitamah Bheeshma, hoping he would help her. But Pitamah, bound by his vow of celibacy, could not marry her himself and sent her back to her kingdom."

Arjuna's heart ached for Amba as he heard of her plight. "What happened next?. You mean Panchali's half brother was Amba?".

Krishna's voice softened as he continued, "Heartbroken and filled with rage, Amba vowed to seek revenge on Bheeshma for his refusal. She performed intense penance and prayed to the gods to grant her the strength to avenge the injustice done to her."

"After years of penance, Amba was blessed with a boon that she would be the cause of Bheeshma's downfall in her next life. And so, she was reborn as Shikhandini, determined to fulfill her destiny,Drupad's son" Krishna explained.

Arjuna's eyes filled with understanding as he realized the depth of Shikhandini's past and the pain she must have endured. "But my Lord, how could Pitamah Bheeshma, who is known for his righteousness, commit such a sin?" he asked in disbelief.

Krishna sighed, "Bheeshma's vow of celibacy, though noble, became a burden that led to his downfall. His refusal to marry Amba not only caused her suffering but also led to his own eventual defeat."

Arjuna pondered over Krishna's words, realizing the complexity of duty and righteousness. "It is a tragic tale. But with Shikhandini's help, I can conquer Pitamah".

"Don't forget Arjun, you are husband to my sister Agnijaa. So I will safeguard you whenever Pitamah tries to shoot arrows towards you and you will shoot arrows and shift aside. In this way, we can defeat him and my  purpose would be fulfilled".

Arjun's eyes were wet out of concern, he could only nod in confirmation.
For whole night, he was remorsed about the pain he is going to give his Pitamah for countless blessings.