9

The day went by fast.  We only have a few clues and they are not panning out to our satisfaction,  our captain and the mayor of our city.  Our mayor is breathing down the captain's neck that our department needs to solve it. He later tells us the governor is breathing down the mayor's neck and its rolling down to him and now us. I return to Maura's for the night and in a shitty mood. I really didn't want to come tonight but no way was I go to say no to my recently new girlfriend.  I am at her home eating dinner with her and my mother. My mother asks me a question about the current case. I lose it and raise my voice to her. She gets upset and leaves. 

" Jane just because your moody doesn't give you the right to treat her that way."  " Maura she is my other and she knows how I get. Please stay out of it."

I knew as soon as those words came out of my mouth. I fucked up. She got up and told me to go home. I left without finishing my dinner. I immediately went to apologize to my mother.  She accepted my apology.  I knew it wasn't worth my effort to tell my girlfriend and best friend that I apologized to my mother.

Instead I left angry for myself.  I should of stayed home like I wanted too.  I went to a bar to eat and drank way too much. I knew not to drive. I called my brother,
Frankie, asking him to come and get me and ask him to ask Laura to drive my jeep or him. He told me he was on his way just text him the address. About thirty minutes later they arrived to get me. I was outside leaning against my jeep getting soaked by the rain.

" Sis why didn't you wait n your jeep?"  " I tried but couldn't get the key to open it up. The battery for the fob died. Here I am outside the bar waiting.  Its closed."

Frankie and Laura got me Laura's car. He placed the seat belt on me. He told me don't I dare get sick.  I promised  I wouldn't.  He closed the door and Laura is driving me to my
place.

" Sis what happened? You haven't been like this in a long time." " I went to Maura's reluctantly because I knew the type of mood I was in. MA asked me a question and I raised my voice.  She left upset during dinner. Maura told me I had no right treating her that way. I told her to stay out of it I. I knew once it came out of my month. I fucked up. She told me I needed to apologize to my mother. I didn't get to finish dinner. I left to apologize to my mother which she accepted it. I than left because I knew Maura wouldn't want to see me. I came here ate some food and drank excessive than called your house.  I knew I was to drunk to drive."  " We are glad you called even though it is after two in the morning.  We are always here for you.  Let's get you inside. "

Frankie was there already with some aspirin and glass of water for me to drink.I take the two aspirins and drink the water. I run to
the bathroom to puke. Laura and Frankie are right behind me. Frankie is holding my hair while I puke. When I am done. Laura hands me some scope to rinse my mouth out. They help me to my room. Laura helps me take my shoes and wet clothes on. She places them in the bathroom placing them somewhere I guess somewhere to dry. She returns and I am trying to put my sweats and sports bra on. She has to  do it for me.  She covers me up and tells me goodnight.  She exits my room.

" Frankie she is in no shape to go to work today.I  think you should turn off her phones and tell your captain today. She couldn't even dress herself. She apologized to your mom for raising her voice.  Maura basically  told her she was wrong. She stated she should apologize to her. Maura told her to leave. She was hesitant to go there for dinner as it was. Her mood wasn't  the best like yours when

you got home from work." " I will use my keys to lock up and turn the alarm on. I  will talk to my captain. It's already four. I might as well stay up when we get home."

We left.