13

I tell my brother I will be by tomorrow so we can do something if he is up to it. Laura kisses my left cheek thanking me for the roses. I tell her she is welcome.  We all leave. I drive the car with Barry back to the precinct. We talk about what he and Vincent found out. Our case will officially be closed once we complete our reports and Maura and her team are done with the autopsy and their findings. We arrive and I get my thermos, cup, and umbrella.  I hand Barry the keys. We both go inside to do our paperwork to close our portion of it. I clock out and go downstairs. Maura is in her office.

" How is he?" " He is still high but okay.  I will go see him tomorrow and we will go do something if he is up to it.  This will give Laura time to do something.  Maybe she will shop alone. " " I get your subtle hint Rizzoli.  You stay here. I will warm up the soup.  You can get the sandwiches ."

We both left her office.  I told her I would like her to spend a night at my place.  My place is closer to work. She agrees.  I answer Christina's and a few other of their colleagues about my brother.  I then return with Maura to her office for us to eat our meal.

" Jane with your time off.  Please keep your place clean. It took me a while to clean your place. When is your lease up so you can move in with me like we discussed?" " Yes. I will and in two weeks.  I have the moving company ready. I will start boxing everything and take some more stuff to your place and unpack it. Tommy will use my furniture so I will only take my other stuff.  Frankie was going to help me.  Now it will be just Barry, Nina, and you. Vincent and Kiki will be on vacation.  My mother and Laura will be working.  I will be taking a day off to do it. It's already approved."

We are eating and watching the live press conference.  I can tell the captain is relieved this case is solved.  The mayor continues to answer questions and boast about our homicide division.

" What an asshole. He was on the captain's back and he makes it sound like we knew what we were doing all along."  " Babe it's politics. Please don't get riled up about it. It's not worth it."

We finished.  I kissed my gal goodbye and left the basement to avoid the media circus. I finally made it home. I looked at my coat and tossed it in the trash. I would have to buy another trench coat. I changed and headed out to get boxes,  tape, markers, and a new trench coat. The trench coat was my last purchase.  I text  Maura a photo of it. I told her it was on sale. I purchased some clothes too. She laughed and told me good.  She said she would pick up dinner for us two. She was at a scene and had to go.

Homicides are always occurring.  She has job security even if she doesn't need it like the others she supervises.