seven. dark sense

Time worked differently in the realm. Sunlight didn't exist, and the sky was always painted a dark, inky black. Nothing was ever overgrown, and the survivors never knew when they were going to be summoned into a trial until they found themselves alone with only three other people in the middle of an abandoned campfire. If it wasn't for the entity's servant, who would often have a routine schedule for meal time, they wouldn't have ever known when it was the appropriate time to eat and sleep.

Now having woken up from his rest, Felix, along with all the other survivors, found themselves sitting at various tables with their trays of plain bread and baked potatoes placed in front of them.

Currently, Felix sat in front of his childhood best friend, Èlodie Rakoto. Wearing a loose fitted, long sleeve crop top that complimented the pendant wrapped around her neck, and dark black jeans that fitted for comfort, said woman with coily black hair and dark brown eyes was someone who usually carried herself with a smile of confidence and a face that always looked like she was coming up with mischief. However, as he whispered to her the current theories some of the other survivors had previously talked about, the woman couldn't help but look at her blond friend in worry.

"You guys are planning to, what?" She asked in a whisper shout. Her eyes darted both left and right as she made sure to keep her voice low from wandering ears. "Are you guys actually doing this?"

"Well, the plan isn't really in motion. We still want to gather more details and see if this is even worth working out. But, if they do show any signs of being capable to evolve, we will plan this out more thoroughly."

Élodie looked at Felix, dumbfounded before scoffing. With her fork, she dug into her potatoes. "You guys are crazy. So crazy." She muttered, her thick French accent seeping with each syllable. Stuffing her mouth with the unseasoned potatoes, she continued, "But if this plan of yours works, make sure the servant of darkness learns how to season. This shit tastes awful."

Felix sighed, "We're being serious."

"And so am I!" She exclaimed, pointing at Felix with her potato still attached to her fork. "Look at this! It's not even cooked all the way! Last week Ace's potato wasn't even cooked! He and David ended up playing hackysack with it."

Ignoring her words, Felix frowned. "I actually thought you'd be more optimistic about this."

Ever since he met Élodie on Dyer Island, Felix knew that she was someone who was stubborn and assertive. Élodie was always down for an adventure, someone who was willing to take risks. A troublemaker if you will. So imagine his surprise when his usually devious friend looked at him the way he usually looked at her whenever she had something crazy planned.

Rolling her eyes, Élodie placed down her fork and sighed. "Look, we all want to escape, but trying to escape through the entity's servant? That's crazy! What if it backfires? We don't know what happens to people that step out of line. It hasn't been recorded. Hell, we don't even know what happened to the people that were in this realm before us. All we have is that journal." She then motioned to the book under Felix's arm.

At her words, the man subconsciously gripped the leather binder.

"And it hasn't really been as helpful as we had hoped."

Felix pursed his lips, "I know. But it's a start, don't you think?" The male's grey eyes clashed with his friend's dark brown eyes, his stare bored into her with desperation. "How long are we going to be here? How many more deaths are we all going to be forced to endure? If there is another way to escape this hell, why not take it? What exactly do we have to lose?"

"We don't know-" She began to answer, but was cut off by the blond.

"Exactly! We don't know. Élodie, for as long as I've known you, you've always been one to never shy away from the unknown. Back in Dyer Island, you were the one to encourage us to step out of our comfort zone. You were the one to tell us to accept ourselves, but to also be open minded to chance. You lead us to grand adventures, and that in itself should show how incredibly clever and brave you are. So why not take one more risk?" Although desperate, Felix's words held his truth as he reminded his friend of their days back in their youth.