Chapter 9 - "The Other" (Pt. 1)

Mary Jane's newfound power is unleashed as she is covered in fire. Miles, Bobby, Ganke & Gwen look on as MJ discovers she is in fact a mutant. Her powers laid dormant for a time. And they didn't activate until the great threat of the returning Morlun. Professor X helped her get adjusted to her new powers as she was learning very, very fast. She thought of her name. "Firestar".

Ganke had helped the team with new tech as he aided Professor X in preparing the team for a final confrontation with the lone Inheritor, Morlun. Gwen went to make sure Aunt May was okay as Miles dawned the classic Red & Blue suit in honor or his mentor Peter.

 Gwen went to make sure Aunt May was okay as Miles dawned the classic Red & Blue suit in honor or his mentor Peter

He, Firestar & Iceman went to the city to save the civilans as Morlun caused havoc. Peter and these others were ready also elsewhere. Morlun leaped out & attacked Miles thinking he was Peter, but really didn't care due to the fact he was also a spidet totem. MJ came to his rescue by blasting Morlun with a fire ball as Bobby froze Morlun in place.

But Miles, MJ & Bobby were no match as Morlun went to the great web to finish his mission. Morlun thrashed both Iceman & Firestar, who were protecting Miles, before he thrashing Miles. He feed on them, but did not kill them. He wanted to send a message to Peter & his other loved ones. Drained of energy, the 3 were unconscious.

After leaving the trio in ruin, & their fury friend, Ms

After leaving the trio in ruin, & their fury friend, Ms. Lion, barks in saddness. & growls in anger ready to attack the enemy before them. But Morlun scuffs at the canine causing her to fear & yelp. He then leaves the dog to bark out for the team in sorrow. Morlun trashes the Daily Bugle looking for Peter. Just then he is intercepted by Wolverine who tells Jonah Jameson to get everyone out. The two square off as Shadowcat, Lockheed & double team Morlun. Wolverine manages to stab Morlun, but Morlun is strong & he stabs Wolverine in the chest, causing Logan roar in pain as he is sent flying into a wall.

Peter suits up & goes to confront Morlun, telling the Professor he must face the monster alone. The battered team in the Infirmary. The city in shambles.

 The city in shambles