chapter -20

After the marriage announcement day

Jímin pov

The air in the castle chamber felt thick with unspoken tension, pressing down on me like a physical weight. I sat stiffly on the plush sofa, my fingers drumming a frantic rhythm against my leg. Lisa sat opposite me, her chin resting on her hand, a faint smile playing on her lips. It felt like a mask, hiding the weight of the conversation that hung between us.

 It felt like a mask, hiding the weight of the conversation that hung between us

Lisa : So,' (she began, her voice soft) 'what do you think?'

My throat went dry.

Jimin : 'About what?

I managed, my voice barely a whisper.

Lisa : About us,About the marriage

she replied, her eyes twinkling.

My stomach clenched. I'd known this day was coming, ever since our families had arranged the match. I'd tried to ignore it, to pretend it wasn't real, but the reality was crashing down on me now.

Jimin : I... I don't know,It's just... so sudden.

I said while shuttering

Lisa's smile faltered slightly. '

Lisa ; It's not sudden,' she said gently. 'Our families have been discussing this for a long time.'

Jimin ; 'It's just... I'm not sure if I'm ready for this.

I said, my voice barely audible.

Lisa's eyes widened slightly

Lisa : 'You're not ready?'But we've been friends for so long as I'm Nymphs Princess one of ur relative also .

she echoed, her voice laced with a hint of disbelief. '

Jimin ; I know,'

I said, my voice cracking.

Jimin : 'But marriage... it's a big step. It's not something I can just decide on a whim.'

I looked down at my hands, the words I wanted to say stuck in my throat. I didn't want to hurt Lisa, but I couldn't lie to her either. I didn't love her. I didn't even know if I liked her that way.

Lisa's silence stretched, the tension in the room growing thicker. Finally, she spoke, her voice soft but firm. '

Lisa : Jimin, I understand. You don't have to decide right now. We can talk about this more. But I hope you know that I care about you, and I want this to work.'

Jimin : we will see ... about it but don't expect too much from me, I don't know this is so sudden after my arrival so yeah..even if we are married I don't know how too ....

Lisa : no need to speak further..we will try ....

End of jimin pov

Yoongi pov