Chapter 19

Guard Li appeared in the corridor with Lin Jing beside the sealed room and placed the Random Number Generator on the door close to the keypad.

"How long will it take? Is there any way you can speed it up?" Yunlan asked as his patience was wearing thin and his worry was increasing.

"It shouldn't be too long, maybe about two hours." Jing answered lightly.

"Two hours ... "  Yunlan shouted... Guo Ying grabbed him by the shoulders to stop him as he instantly moved towards Lin Jing, and held him back from getting any closer. Obviously Jing had not realised that there was someone trapped inside and Guo Ying explained it calmly to him..

"Lin Jing, we've met briefly, so I shall be direct with you when I say that the man who is trapped in there could be at death's door in two hours, and I would advise you to work faster. Is there any way you can speed this up?"

"The only way it could be opened faster, is if you spoke to the person who has the password, I'm being serious."

Yunlan was listening and he remembered what the recording in the basement had said. There was an emergency backup disc called "Kunlun's Program," but he couldn't remember whether Wei had put it in his pocket or not and he approached Lin Jing again.

"If there was an emergency program to reinstall Kunlun, is there a chance the password could be found on the disc?"

Jing didn't need to think twice about the answer.

"Yes. If it is exactly the same as the original, then his sense of humour and choice of passwords would be the same but it would take time to find the right one, why? Do you have his basic program?"

"Maybe, it's either in one of Wei's jacket pockets or in the basement where Kunlun was originally built," Yunlan answered, hoping that they would be able to find it quickly.

"Show me to the basement and I can look through the components, someone else can check his jackets but let me start the RNG first and it can be left running while we search," Lin Jing suggested, and Yunlan took him to the cupboard with the concealed door to the basement before he ran upstairs to Wei's room and started seated searching his jackets.

During the night after the android had escaped from the sealed room, it was given instructions to find Shen Wei who was the temporary manager in The Complex, and take him back to the security room and lock the door. It would be simple, release some laughing gas which would keep everyone asleep, and take the sleeping man downstairs, then return and take his place in exactly the same way that he was found.

Shen Wei never awoke when he was being carried out of the bedroom and re-positioned on the cell bed with a thin blanket. When the effects of the gas had worn off, he was already very cold and his muscles began to cramp with his sudden movements. He had been brought here without any clothing except the black cloak which had materialised when the Spirit felt his host's body cooling down too fast.