Chapter 18

Daqing had been watching the activity in the office and noticed that the blinds were now permanently closed, obviously to hide something and his sharp mind knew what was going on. The only thing he didn't know was how they managed to get Lin Jing out so easily without an argument, and he wandered over to talk to Chu, who was in Yunlan's place in the small office.

"So where is he? Lin Jing I mean, not Yunlan, he's the next question," and he stared at Chu continuously looking for a lie.

"He's the new technical manager in The Complex, he went willingly." Chu answered.

"And Yunlan, where is he?"

"He had a problem to deal with at home, but he should be back soon." Chu stared back at Daqing until the first one blinked and the cat gave in, there was no lie, but there was something going on that he and the rest of the office didn't know about. He was about to leave when Yunlan suddenly appeared with Guard Li beside him who instantly closed the office door and stood ready to defend against Daqing until Chu signalled him not to do anything.

"Explanations I think Chu?" Yunlan asked as he stared at both him and Daqing who now knew what the main secret was and waited for Chu to stand beside him before they both knelt.

"Daqing and I both come from the homeworld, we have both served Black Robe in the past and would never do anything to reveal his identity or put him in danger. I'm sorry My Lord, we should have told you before now."

"Chu, there is nothing to be sorry about. Shen Wei fainted. That's what the call was about, he's fine now, just a bit shaken." Yunlan explained but Chu understood immediately.

"So there's trouble on the way." and Yunlan nodded yes.

"Could you find a desk for Li, he's my guard and instant communicator,"

Chu nodded and left the small room with Guard Li and Daqing to find a suitable place for him to sit and watch Yunlan all the time. Thankfully the office was quiet for the rest of the day, therefore everyone could leave early, with Li taking Yunlan back to the house.

The first thing he did was look for Wei and check that he was alright, and found him in the attic staring at a blank wall.

"Xiao Wei, what are you doing here? There is only one painting." Yunlan said as he looked at the wall.

"You really can't see the second, can you? Let me try something and see if this works."

Wei stood immediately behind him and placed his hands on either side of his head and concentrated. Yunlan blinked and could see the second painting slowly appearing in front of him. It was a single purple ribbon with a small key in a corner, and it remained in view, even after Wei removed his hands.