Chapter 21

Shen Wei recovered quickly but for a few days, he was wearing jumpers because even the smallest breeze to blow in his direction caused him to shiver, but at least he was still on a summer break from college, so he should be back to normal when the new term started. Yunlan found out that he enjoyed running the office and his staff liked the way he organised them but there was still the problem of The Complex and from what they had heard, the temporary manager had not been seen since Lin Jing had left.

Wei went down to the basement in his house because that's where Lin Jing was now based. He had managed to upgrade the computer to his own standard and had also updated the Kunlun program, allowing him to speak to anyone who entered the basement.

"Good morning My Lord, how are you on this beautiful day? Even though I cannot see out of a window, they do tell me that it is lovely and warm, a bit difficult to imagine while you're in a dungeon under a house, but maybe that will change in the future , who knows. I'm well. Lin Jing has worked really hard and he does really deserve a pay rise or so he tells me."

Jing cast a worried glance over at Shen Wei.

"Sorry about that, I was talking to him to broaden his skills of conversing with people. What do I call you? I've heard a few people calling you My Lord, do I call you that?" Ying asked nervously and waited for Wei to answer.

"Just call me Shen Wei, or boss if you prefer and as for everyone else, you'll probably find out soon but we have more important things to worry about. Can we disable the androids simultaneously?" Wei asked because it seemed one of the best ways to get to the controller.

Lin Jing gave it some thought before he spoke.

"Yes, I think it might be possible. If we send one of them a controlled virus to shut down at a certain time, it could work, but it would need sufficient time to spread throughout his network, then it could be done."

"So, not an easy thing? Start working out how, and let me know if you need anything."

"Yes boss." Lin Jing answered before he realised that the words were out of his mouth and he quickly turned back to his screen. Wei hid his smile until he was halfway up the stairs, so that Jing wouldn't see him and he went to have tea with Ava in the kitchen.

At work, Yunlan had a phone call about a hostage situation and he left instructions with his staff about what usually happens. They would not be required to attend, it was the office who asked for the negotiator who would deal with it and Chu took over, while he was answering the call out.

Yunlan was going to a police station. What is it with police stations? Are they not training their staff to deal with these situations any more?  He was letting his mind rant while he was driving there. They were very brief with the details, as if they were embarrassed to explain what the situation was exactly, and he wouldn't know until he arrived. Well, at least it wasn't in the shopping mall this time or on the roof but he didn't expect it to be another police office.