Chapter 30

The alarms in the Victorian house were just noisy, the controller thought, simple human burglar alarms not designed for anything as complex as his programming and he stepped into the empty hall. No one was at home, were they all out? Less of a problem for him to get to the source of the virus which had incapacitated his androids, and he headed straight to the locked security room.

Lin Jing and Guo Ying watched the overconfident Controller on the monitors as he followed the signal to the sleeping couple.

"We have to move them, I know the code cannot be broken but we can't take that risk, they have to be moved to a safer place." Guo Ying insisted and Jing had to agree.

"Where would you suggest?" He asked as he looked at the Controller who was now standing outside the security room studying the electronic lock.

"The cave at the plateau on Mt. Kunlun. We can teleport them or can your Kunlun send them?" Ying asked as he looked at the display screen.

"No, Kunlun can't do that yet, I'm still updating his skills. Use your guards and be quick just in case we've underestimated his capabilities."

Guo Ying hurriedly summoned two guards who teleported the bed to the cave and left it safely hidden while the two occupants slept, and the guards immediately returned.

Wei felt the chill and cuddled in closer to Yunlan for heat, while he pulled the covers up higher around his neck and held the orb in his sleep. The bright golden light escaped through his fingers and expanded around them, illuminating the cave with light as strong as a small sun before plunging it back into darkness.

The tracker saw the light and immediately his spirit went to see what was happening, knowing that he wouldn't be noticed if he remained in the shadows. Zhu Jiu's detectors had also alerted him to the activity, and he came to observe from a safe distance. The two sleepers had been teleported to the homeworld unintentionally and were under surveillance by two different onlookers.

Eventually Yunlan stretched as he yawned, and then opened his eyes. This wasn't right he thought, as he closed and reopened them to look again. He wasn't dreaming but he was in a bed in the cave, and he gently shook Wei to awaken him while he continually stared at his surroundings.

"Xiao Wei, open your eyes and tell me what you see, because I don't think I'm dreaming."

Wei was still tired and didn't want to get up just yet but gave in and opened his eyes. He gazed at Yunlan who looked puzzled but not angry, before he looked around and saw that they were in the cave

"How did we ... I didn't do it, I don't think I did, I've never teleported in my sleep! Could someone else have sent us here?" Wei asked, but the guards were the only ones who would be able to do this, and the bed was here as well.

"Can you take us back Xiao Wei?" Yunlan asked, which would solve all their problems.

"No. I don't have enough energy, we're stuck here for a while. Ask the mountain for some help, some water to drink and if possible some heat because we don't have any warm clothes" Wei suggested as he shivered in his pyjamas.