8- Visit to Dwargon

Dwarves have a longer life span compared to humans and they are best known for their forging and blacksmithing skills.

Dwarves made a country and it was named as Dwargon. The current Dwargon although advanced in technology compared to many Western countries of Tensura, is not at the top of technologies in the world.

A few hundred miles from the Jura Forest, there was the Dwarven country Dwargon.

The current king of the kingdom is said to be the most powerful Dwarf as of now. The title of the King is not hereditary but rather a title that can be achieved. The strongest is the one who becomes the king.

Shuna had said that the Dwarven King is named Gazel and he has a unique skill that many people bow down to him due to fear invoked from his skill to his opponents.

Rimuru was not surprised in the slightest because if you can become the king of a long standing nation then you must be powerful enough. The skill would have no effect on her.

Rimuru could have travelled alone (teleported all the way) to Dwargon but he wanted to have a little adventure as well, to entertain himself. So she had chosen Fenrir to be her companion and she would travel by sitting on his back.

Even though this distance could be covered by Fenrir in one day, he had still needed three days.

Rimuru had asked him to slow down and they had stopped for a few breaks here and there in the middle of the forest, killing monsters, camping and finding food and herbs.

Why had she been collecting these things you ask? Then what else could you do for adventure in a forest? Ask a DJ or musician to play some songs?

After three days, they reached at the gate of Dwargon. The guards were scared when they saw a human riding on a big giant wolf.

"Who are you? What business do you have here?" Although the guards were shaking in fear, they still needed to do the job.

"Oh we are from a village area nearby at the outskirts of the Jura Forest. We want to enter the city and we are here to trade a few things."

The guards didn't let their guard down. They asked, "Is this big wolf coming with you? If so then we do not allow your entry."

<Mistress. It's better to not cause any trouble here and accept it. You are stronger than anyone anyways and with me being with you no one  can cause any problem for you.>

'You are right, Ciel.'

"Hmmm... So he is not permitted. Very well, I will go in myself."

" Fenrir! Wait for me at the gate nearby. Do not cause trouble and I will return by today or tomorrow. "

Although Fenrir was reluctant to leave her, he still accepted it. " Yes Mistress. Please return safely. "

Rimuru was told to register at the gate and then she want inside the city.

The city was well developed. There were many technologies that were not found anywhere else in the world. These were on display even for a passerby to see.

The work was being done by both dwarves and machines. The machines did extreme labor work while dwarves managed, supervised and did less labor work.

Forging and smithing was don't by dwarves manually and with very little help from machinary.

She came across a small shop which was a small weapon shop. Some powerful swords were on display but not a single customer was in the shop while there were at least a few customers or adventurers in other shops nearby.

She was curious to know why and went inside the shop. There were three dwarves sleeping on the counter.

"Excuse me? Is this your shop?"

The three dwarves woke up at her voice. They were surprised to see a customer in the shop. Amazement was shown on their faces.

"Yes this is our shop." One of them replied.

"What do you want to buy girl?" The second dwarf asked.

"I was curious to know why was this shop completely empty while there were at least a few customers in other shops even though the quality of the swords displayed here is better than the others."

" Oh that's what you want to know?" The third dwarf replied.

" Yes please."

The first dwarf started to explain in a sad voice to Rimuru.

" We were a known shop up until last week. But we were falsely accused and a fabricated evidence was found against us for creating weak, brittle and poor quality weapons and equipments by Minister Vesta."

" There is a task for us. We need to create 20 magical swords which use rare metals and very rarely found magistones within a week with high quality evaluation. Otherwise we will most likely be kicked out of the kingdom. Today is the last day."

The first dwarf stopped speaking.

<Mistress. It's a good opportunity to invite them to Dragon country. They are skilled and we only have one blacksmith in the nation.>

'A good idea. I was thinking so as well. They will be more productive.'

" How about you join my nation?"

The three dwarves were puzzled and replied in unison, " Your nation? "

" Yes my nation. It's in the Jura Forest and do not worry about the monsters. They are the residents and they are very strong. I can guarantee your safety. How about it?"

" My country requires experienced and good blacksmiths like you. We do have a blacksmith but with nearly a thousand residents, it's not very efficient to let him do all work alone."

The three dwarves told her that they would discuss and give the answer to her tomorrow.

They had introduced themselves as Garm, Hald and Bard, the three brothers.

As Rimuru was about to leave, a middle aged man dressed up in a lab coat and looking like a researcher appeared with a few guards at the shop. Rimuru knew from a glance that theye were here to cause trouble.

'Looking at their appearance, the researcher is a minister and the guards are here with him.'

<Yes Mistress, it's very likely that the minister is the minister Vesta that the three had talked about.>

<Mistress we shall help the brothers now to make a good impression on them and teach this minister a lessen for abusing his powers.>

[Next chapter is Minister Vesta and the three brothers. As for the story of the destined one? Stay tuned.]