CHAPTER 27

PLACE: HASTINAPUR SABHA

Vasundhara's POV:

    The Asur smiled at me and said "You are like what our Maharaj said you would be, Karnaatmaja.  I know who is Bloody Maharaj was.  Maharaj  Dhritirashtir asked "Who is your Maharaj?"  Instead of answering it, he said while looking at me "Rajkumari Vasundhara knows who is our Maharaj?"  Everyone's eyes zeroed down on me with curiosity and some with suspicion that how I know that Asur's Maharaj.  Maharaj Dhritirashtir asked "Do you who is his Maharaj, Putri?"

     Without answering the question directed at me, I commanded the kneeling Asur with my cold tone with no emotion in my eyes "Quit your acting.  I know this chain does not restrain you.  State your reason for intruding in the palace."  The Asur widen his eyes and laughed.  He said "You sure are a smart one."  Saying this, he stood up and broke the chain as if he was cutting a thread.  Everyone in the room became vigilant drew their weapons and pointed it towards the Asur.  The only people who were calm were myself and that Asur.  He was standing without a slightest amount of fear.

      He stated calmly "Is this how the Kuru Rajya treat a messenger?  From what I know, the messenger of even the enemy has to be treated with respect.  Is this the honor and Dharma of the great Kuru Rajya which was held by your ancestor, the great Maharaj Bharat?"  Hearing his words, the King commanded everyone to withdrew their weapons.  Even if their reluctant, they did it.

     He looked at me and took a step towards me.  Seeing this Papa and Suyo pointed their weapon at the Asur.  Ashu (Ashwatthama) was standing in front of my other family members to protect them if a fight ensured.  From the corner of my eye, I saw Rajkumar Arjun hand went towards his bow to lift it.  I noticed the complicate look in his eye whether to raise the weapon against the messenger which is considered as Adharma or to raise his weapon for my  safety.  He dropped his hand when he decided to choose his so called Dharma over me.  It was not a surprise for me that he choose not me and I was not sad or hurt by it.  I also noticed Samragyi looked worriedly at me, so was the other Pandavas.

     Suyo stated with anger "Don't take another step towards her."  My Papa warned calmly which betrayed the anger in his eyes "Don't think that I will hesitate to take your head off your shoulder if you come near my Putri.  I would not care about Dharma if that hurt my Putri."  The Asur gulped inaudibly hearing my Papa's warning.

     I moved towards them and said "Lower you weapons Papa and Suyo."  They looked at me with reluctance but one glance at me they understood this Asur can't harm me, so they removed the weapon.  They moved behind me.  I turned towards the Asur and asked "What is the message?"  He said "The King gave a verbal message not a written one."  I said coldly "Say".  He looked at my eyes and shuddered seeing the cold and ruthless look.  He said "He told you to stop being a hurdle towards his goal."  I asked him "What if I don't?"  He said "Our Maharaj said that he will kill every last person who you held dear to your heart and mostly importantly he will kill your heart, 'HIM'.  Our Maharaj knows his whereabouts."

     When I heard that bastard would kill my family, all I could see was red.  The final nail was bringing 'HIM' in this.  My eyes turned menacing when I heard that Bastard told that he will kill 'HIM'.  I can't lose 'HIM'  again in the hands of this Bastard Drishtasur.  All I felt pure rage hearing it.

No one's POV:

     Everyone in the Sabha could hear only silence after the message delivered by the Asur.  With a blink of an eye, they saw Vasundhara choking the Asur.  She lifted the Asur by his neck with one hand.  Her eyes became red.  Her aura became domineering and menacing.  Vasundhara voiced boomed "HOW. DARE. HE.?"  No one not even her Papa heard her voice this cold and furious.  Everyone said her to release him.  When Karn tried to come near her, she said without taking her eyes off the Asur "Don't come near or stop me, Papa.  It will be better if you stayed out of it."  Karna stopped hearing her.

     The Asur was choking short of breath.  He stuttered "You can't me kill me.  I am a messenger.  This is Adharma, the Kuru Rajya can't allow it."  Before Dhritirashtir could utter a word, Vasundhara said "The message was to me, Vasundhara not for Kuru Rajya.  I am not a part of Kuru Rajya.  Speaking about Dharma, should have thought about before giving me a warning of killing my family and 'HIM'."  The Asur understood he had hit the nerve of Vasundhara and pleaded "Please, leave me.  I am just conveying my Maharaj's order.  I am innocent."  

     Vrushaliputri chuckled devilishly and said "Innocent, you say?  Do you think I don't know how many innocent lives have you taken?  You should have considered to bring this message to me if you had loved your dear life.  It is your mistake, not mine."  Asur's face paled hearing her.  Seeing this Saagnika smiled ruthlessly and said "I know that you are worried that your Maharaj will not get a reply for the message which was delivered through you.  Don't worry, I will send my message.  The only difference is your Maharaj's message was sent through you and my message will be you." 

     Saying this, Krishna's Pari took her sword and sliced his head off his body.  Her one hand was holding the head of the Asur and the other one was holding her sword which was now drenched in blood.  The headless body fell on the ground.  The Sabha's floor was painted with blood which was seeping out of the corpse.  Vasundhara's face was splashed with blood.  Everyone gasped seeing her ruthless form.  No one thought that she will be this powerful to kill an Asur with just one slash.  She was breathing heavily.  She then stuck the head in arrow and sent it through her bow in a direction from the balcony in the Sabha.

     Draupadi was scared seeing her daughter's ruthlessness.  Panchaali had seen her fair share of bloodshed but she never expected to see her daughter taking a life without batting an eye.  She wanted to go near her and be with her now to soothe her anger.  But she was scared and her legs were rooted in that place.  Vrushali seeing her daughter's face in blood moved near her.  Saagnika looked at her Maa silently without a word.  Vrushali without saying a word, took her pallu and wiped the blood off her face.  

     Vrushali turned towards the Maharaj and said "Maharaj, I know what happened now is quite eventful.  My Putri is not in state to explain anything as of now.  I would like to request that any question directed towards her for her act can be questioned tomorrow."  Dhritirashtir accepted the request and dismissed the meeting immediately.  Vrushali got hold of Vasundhara's wrist and started to move towards the exit.  

     She was halted by her Gudiya's voice "I never wanted to show you this monster side of mine, Maa.  Sorry if I disappointed you by any chance.  But I don't regret one bit of taking his head off."  Vrushali turned and saw her Vasundhara's head was hung low.  She lifted her head by chin and said smilingly "It was just unexpected for me, that's it.  Nothing more or nothing less.  I am not disappointed on you rather I am proud of you, Gudiya.  What you did now is what a family does for each other.  A Family protects and cherish each other irrespective of any situation.  Okay? Don't think too much.  Come let's get you cleaned and have a sleep."   

To be continued...

Yours Lovingly,

Author MAYAVATHI