Happy Face-June 6th, 2024

Barnacles lore >:P
(Barnacles and Bianca are twins, but Bianca is 5 minutes older)
(Takes place when barnacles was a polar scout)

Also the title doesn't make sense, I know. Ignore it. I was gonna post this chapter before may ended but didn't get the chance

Barnacles, such a brave bear he was. He was known for always looking at the bright side of things, he was known for having a concerning coffee addiction, but most importantly, he was known for never showing an ounce of negative emotion. It was almost inhumane.

"You know, captain..you can always talk to me if you need someone to lean onto." Peso offered, looking up at him.
"I know, and don't worry, I know better than to bottle everything up." Barnacles reassured.

That was the bad thing about Barnacles.
He often lied when it came to feelings, because he was afraid his leadership role would be taken if he was vulnerable.

Because it had happened before.

————————————————
"Cmon guys! This way!" The polar scout smiled, running through the snow of the Antarctic.
"Barnacles, wait up!" Bianca shouted, treading behind her little brother.
"You need to hurry up!" Barnacles retorted, rolling his eyes.

A few minutes later, the group came to a stop, they were right ontop of an underground ice cave!

"Cmon everyone!" Barnacles grinned, sliding down the hole, the others following behind him .

They slid around the smooth ice, giggling as their eyes filled with sparkles and beams of excitement.

"Hey Bianca!" Barnacles slid towards his older sister, stopping right infront of her.
"Barnacles, stop sliding around. You're gonna get hurt." Bianca scolded lightly, crossing her arms.

"Oh please, stop being such a party pooper and live a little!" Barnacles rolled his eyes as he stopped sliding around, placing a hand on his hip.
"I'm just trying to protect you. Danger is everywhere."
"You've been like this ever since mom died, you just need to relax."
"Don't being our mother into this, barnacles."
"Fine."

Barnacles slid off on his belly, getting up to explore a small tunnel.

"Ooooo.."

Curiosity hit him like a wave in the ocean, feeling the texture of the cold, crisp ice and icicles that shaped the tunnel.

"Hm?"

He looked down at his feet, realizing the ice had cracked under him, and he hadn't even realized he fell in.

It was only until then he finally gained some kind of idea of what was happening.

"Oh I'm in a ice..thing..  OH SHIT IM TRAPPED!" He screamed, being the six year old he was, he banged on the ice wall with his fist as if it was a door, and he ended up just making his situation worse by having more ice fall down and trap him in a smaller area than he already was in.

"No..no..BIANCA! BIANCA GET ME OUT OF HERE!" He screamed, trying to climb up the ice wall, failing miserably.

Barnacles wanted to scream, he wanted to cry for his mother that no longer was there for him. Hell, he'd even take his father at this point. And he hated him.

Bianca heard his calls and ran over with the other polar scouts.

"Barnacles?!" She shouted, looking around.
"BIANCA!" He shouted again, trying to jump up, but that only made the situation he was already in tighter.
"Barnacles! Relax..okay? We'll get you out of there." She reassured, taking the polar scouts she had with her and trying to create a plan.

Though his sister and friends may have been nearby, he was still scared, horrified even. He never realized how tight the space was, how the only thing surrounding him was white, clear, ice and snow. He grew impatient, he was impatient because he was scared. Scared they couldn't create a plan and get him out and leave him to rot and die.

"HURRY UP!" He shouted, sitting down on the icy floor with his knees to his chest.
"We're trying!" One of the polar scouts replied back.

There was silence from the group of polar scouts and barnacles, who had been trapped down there for thirty minutes. And his fear wasn't helping with how the thought he could see the ice close up around him, he buried his face into his knees, sobbing.

"..hurry up..." he managed to say in between sobs, he felt the need to just scream at them to hurry the fuck up, but that wouldn't help. Not one bit.

They eventually created a rope and barnacles wiped his tears, his fur still standing up as he was still scared, shocked, angry? He shouldn't be angry. But he was. Not at his friends and sister. But at himself for not listening to Bianca. And now he had to face the embarrassing comfort of his sister while he tried to admit he was wrong, another thing he hated to do.

After that incident, the polar scouts saw him as a pathetic, vulnerable, impatient brat. And he was the so called 'leader' of the polar scouts for being the bravest, and now that he was showing emotion. That role was taken and given to his sister. And he was so angry about it, it only proved their point of him being a brat. So to prevent this from happening again, he refused to show any form of vulnerability infront of anyone, in fear his leader role would be taken away from him again.

A/N: Sorry this took long lost motivation!!
What did ya think?
Word count: 919 words