SOPHIE 

I pull the blanket up over my head as I roll over in bed for what seems like the thousandth time. The alarm clock rumbles through the room and it is now the third time I have put it off. I barely slept, I kept thinking about yesterday's exhibition. I mentally went over every single moment, trying to find something that might look suspicious. Nothing that happened at the event appeared strange to me. No gesture or word of Benjamin could lead me to suspect that he was some kind of stalker.

Sebastian's words rushed through my head like gusts of wind, I tried to stop them, but in vain. I must find a way to figure out what is going on and get out of this situation. The only conclusion I have come to on this sleepless night is to go back to the woods this afternoon. I need to know more and I am sure Sebastian will not give me the answers I need. I also don't want to go to him and beg him. Anyway I bet he would not give me anything, not even by begging. I need to stay as far away from him as humanly possible. The distance from that guy is proportionally related to my sanity. The more the distance increases, the more my mental health improves.

This situation is definitely driving me crazy.

Another decision I made while tossing and turning like a spinning top in bed was that I will share these recent events with Hannah and Thomas. I need someone's support; I cannot cope with this alone.

In a far corner of my mind still rustles the option that everything is a joke. I would expect it from people like them.

I take courage and get out of the warm comforter. I walk down the stairs cold and sleepy. Dad left early this morning, so to give me the 'good morning' I find my three furry brothers.

I'm finishing packing my backpack when my phone starts ringing.

"Hannah?"

It's really strange for Hannah to call me early in the morning.

"Good morning to you, too, my friend."

"Good morning!"

"I'm outside your house."

Hannah and I never get to school together in the morning since she is always late. I will also add this to the list of bizarre things that are happening to me.

"To what do I owe this pleasant surprise?"

I say teasing her.

"Come on out!"

I grab my backpack and hurry to catch up with my friend.

Hannah is waiting for me on the sidewalk; I run up to her. She jumps into my arms and we almost fall to the ground.

She grabs my arm and we start walking down the sidewalk arm in arm.

"You have to tell me what happened yesterday! I want all the details!"

He says almost shouting and with a smile that shows all his white teeth.

"Hannah Evans never wakes up early by accident."

I start talking as we head toward the school.

My friend is so engrossed in my story that she does not even ask a question and it is really strange since it is Hannah we are talking about. Only when I am finished, an electrified Hannah comments:

"Today is a lucky day to be your best friend. You have to get invited to the next event as well and I have to be there. Imagine how much exclusive news I would find out!"

Once we reach the institute we part ways. I head to my first class struggling to keep my eyes open. 

I say goodbye to Hannah and enter the house.