3

Kaz

I can't believe I just did that. Telling JJ I used to have a crush on him when I still have said crush a tad bit, might have been one of the biggest mistakes of my life. Oh well, I'm tipsy and living my best life out here on the beach, so I'll deal with whatever I said tomorrow.

Right now, I really have to pee. One small problem, we're in the middle of a beach. There are no bathrooms. Guess I'm gonna have to drop 'em and find a place to pee out here— preferably where there aren't any partygoers. I'm walking for roughly a minute when I find a spot that looks clear. Right as I'm about to pull my pants down, I hear a sniff.

What the hell?

I look behind some of the tall grass and see a buzz cut head sitting in the grass, snorting coke off of a surfboard.

"Wow? You had to rip a fat ass like of coke that bad, huh?" I laugh sarcastically as the unknown person jumps a bit, not knowing I've been standing here.

"Jesus fucking christ! You can't sneak up on people like that, you know." The tall figure stands up and the moonlight hits his face just right so I can see who he is.

Damn. A lot really has changed since the last time I was in the OBX. Towering about a foot over me, stood Rafe Cameron.

"Of course. I should've known it was you. You still got that coke habit, huh Rafe?"

He looks at me like he could rip my head off at any given moment.

"The fuck did you say to me? Why are you talking like you know me?"

Holy shit. He doesn't recognize me. Doesn't really come as a surprise. I look like a whole new person. And when I was here before, we never really saw much of each other anyway. But I knew him. And he knew me.

"You a tourist who's heard of me or some shit? I know you're not a Kook and you look too good to be a Pogue."

"I'm John B's cousin. Spent a lot of time here in the past. I know about you, Rafe."

He lets out the most menacing, cocky laugh.

"Oh shit. Kaz. I remember. Last time you were here I was 18. Now I'm 21. So you're like the honorary Pogue. Well isn't that just fucking adorable. In that case, I take back calling you hot."

He goes to pinch my cheeks sarcastically, but I swat his hand away.

"Don't ever put your hands on me, Rafe Cameron. Fucking douchebag."

I storm away, mad at our conversation and at the fact that I still didn't get to pee. Guess I gotta hold it.

"Yup, that's me. Good ole douchebag Rafe Cameron who can't do shit right!" I hear Rafe shouting from back in the grass where I left him. I kinda feel bad for him, but he's such a fucking asshole. He doesn't deserve my empathy.

I walk back to the fire and find J.

"Hey, where'd you go? You alright?" JJ asked, genuinely concerned.

"I'm good. Was just trying to find somewhere to pee. No luck. I'll hold it till we get back."

"You can't hold it that long. Trust me, when you get drunk enough later, you'll find anywhere to let 'er rip", he laughs.