5

Rafe

Laying on the sand, drunk and high, I can already feel my lip starting to swell from the punch that JJ landed onto my face. If I wasn't so fucked up right now, I would've beat his ass and not stopped until he was coughing up blood. I've always loved violence. The adrenaline rush I get when I'm in a fight is like nothing I've ever felt before.

After a couple minutes of letting my head spin, I finally sit up. Everyone's eyes are off me by now. They all know to expect a fight when I'm around. It's my reputation these days. A fighter and a coke-head. Ever since my dad died and left all the businesses and estates to me, it's just gotten worse.

I ended up hiring managers for all of the companies and properties, because all I cared about was partying and getting high or drunk. You'd never find me without a beer or a red cup in my hand, or a bag of coke in my pocket. I always had something. And I'm still that way.

People have suggested rehab, but I obviously don't want the help. I don't have a reason to stop. They've also suggested therapy, but I was brought up thinking therapy was for girls and if you needed it as a guy, you weren't a real man.

My own sister is sitting not even twenty feet away from me and hasn't said a word to me all night. I'm a stranger to my family. My stepmom and youngest sister Wheezie are living in Guadalupe. Haven't sent postcards or anything. But I still send them money to keep them afloat. My dad's dead. And my middle sister Sarah won't have anything to do with me after I had beat up her boyfriend multiple times, got him thrown in jail, and almost killed him. I guess I get why Sarah keeps her distance. But it's sad. We grew up together. Now we're strangers who sometimes hang around the same places. As much as it hurts, I know I deserve it.

Usually I fill the void my family left behind with random girls every day. Sometimes more than one a day. I never even care to know their names. Unless I meet them through a dating app, which displays their names, so I don't really have a choice. Sometimes I pick them up at bars, sometimes at parties, and sometimes just random tourist girls that I see out roaming. As long as they're cute, that's all I need. Shit, I don't even care if we speak the same language or not. The last time I had a girlfriend I was seventeen. We were together for a year. But I wasn't in love, and neither was she. I've actually never been in love, and I've never had someone fall in love with me. And based on all the self loathing I do, I don't think it will happen.

I just take them back to Tannyhill— the estate I live on, and fuck them, then kick them out. I never fuck them more than once. If a professional had to classify it, they would tell me I'm a nymphomaniac. I know that already. I don't need anyone to tell me. But I like the life I live. Sure, the copious amounts of coke and alcohol probably aren't healthy for me, but I'm 21. I don't care about health right now.

Given my history, of course I was attracted to Kaz when I saw her. I thought she was cute before, but now she's something I never would have imagined. Something about her drew me in. Her attitude turns me on. Her demeanor. The way she acts innocent when I know she's not. She's just a shell I really need to crack.

And I will. Especially after tonight. I don't lose to fucking Pogues. I hope JJ has his fun with her while he can, because once I get my hands on her she'll be tarnished forever and then thrown to the dogs, just like every other girl. With how aggressive she talks to me, I just know she'll be one of the best I've ever had in bed.

I glance over my shoulder and see my sister laying with John B on the sand, kissing. I'm glad my little sister's happy, even if she'll never have anything to do with me again. I know how hurt she was when we lost our dad, and it's clear that she's healing with John B. Speaking of John B, I see his phone lying in the sand a few feet away from them. I know they're not paying attention to anything but themselves. So I pick it up to see if I can unlock it.

No password. Stupid move, John B.

I scroll through his contacts list until I find the name I'm looking for. Then I quickly pull my own phone out of my pocket to snap a picture so I can put it in my phone later.

Rafe's first POV chapter!!! Hope you're liking the story so far, you're in for a wild ass ride😂