Chapter 21

Ek Aisa Wo Jaha Tha

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺ 0:00------O-------------1:48

"Karishma aao dressing change ker dete h" pushpaji said jerking karishma out of her thoughts. As she noticed her injured hand's bandage that was now covered in some blood.

"Koi zarurat nhi h" her ice cold voice send chills down her mother and sister's spine. Pushpaji then nudged santu to go in the lion's den.

Santu looked at her mother in bewilderment but then slowly got up taking the first aid box. "Di" she softly called reaching her bed.

Karishma looked at her but didn't say anything. Then santu carefully sat beside her keeping some distance so that it's easy if she has to run.

She took her hand and began opening the bandage when she saw karishma didn't say anything. Meanwhile karishma was lost in another memory of her childhood.

17 years ago...

16 February, 2007
Kashmir high school.
Gulmarg, Kashmir.

9 year old karishma was slowly walking inside the gates of her new school. She waved her father a bye who was there to drop her and then slowly walking over the snow , she was looking everywhere when her gaze fell on a little girl approximately her age but unlike karishma that girl was very cheerful and happy playing with the snow in the month of February.

Karishma was awestruck just looking at her when some senior boys came near karishma trying to tease her. But before karishma could do anything the same girl pushed one of them and he fell in the snow , she shooed all of them away with her tiny hands.

Karishma also began to walk away without looking at her but then the girl called her from behind. "Heroine" karishma stopped.

She turned and looked at the same girl with two tiny ponytails and rosy cheeks. She gave a cheerful smile to karishma , seeing which karishma's cheeks tinted red. The girl grabbed her hand making her run along with her while karishma was just looking at their joined hands.

"Tum yaha nayi ho kya?" the girl asked cutely. Karishma nodded shyly.

Then karishma noticed the girl was looking at her with shining eyes , and Karishma looked at her in confusion. "Wow!" She suddenly exclaimed startling karishma.

"I love your hair!" She stated touching karishma's new short hair with fascination but karishma slapped her hand away.

She dragged her to play in the snow with her. "tumhara naam kya h?" The girl asked jumping like a hiper active kid.

"K-karishma" she said nervously looking at her excited state. "aur t-tum?"

"Main Shivani hu. Aao khelo mere sath" she made a snow ball throwing it at karishma. As the snowball hit karishma in the face , she looked at Shivani in shock but then in next ten minutes both of them were playing and giggling on the snow.

"Tum mujhse dosti krogi?" Shivani moving like an excited pup with extra energy asked karishma.

Karishma looked at the excited puppy jumping up and down and then at her hand , she was asking for a pinky promise.

Karishma joined their pinky fingers promising a lifetime of friendship to that hyperactive kid. Shivani then held karishma's hand again , making her jump along with her. "yeahhhh tum aajse meri best friend"