ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15

ʀɪᴠᴇɴ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

"Flora!?" 

Helia called out after I guess she cut the call off. I fists my hair and looked at Musa who is covering her mouth in shock as the others are deciding what to do or to just respect what Flora wants as she might tell us what happened. She should really tell me.

Looking outside the window, I tried calling out to Flora telepathically but I can't seem to hear anything. Is she ignoring me or she's out of reach? Either way I should understand that she wants a time for herself.

"Helia, I'm sure Flora is fine. Let's just give her what she wants" 

Bloom tapped his shoulder and gave him a soft smile where Helia returned a sad nod before putting his phone away and walking outside.

Not realizing I was staring at my phone, I felt Musa tugging my shirt and I looked down at her with my eyebrow raised in question.

"Riven, do you want to go somewhere? There's something I want to show you" smiling, she pointed out the door but I didn't bulge and just look at her seriously.

So Flora got an emergency at Linphea that she didn't inform me? That's the first. I'm sure she's lying. Dumbhead she sounded as if she was about to cry, what is at Linphea that can make her cry? The flowers withering? 

"Wait, I want to know what happened before Flora disappeared with the guy" I whispered trying to sound discreet so the others won't be alarmed as Musa gave me a surprised look at my interest. "Look Musa don't tell the others, but we know Flora, she won't just run out with a guy then have a different reason" I added that got her thinking.

I pulled Musa out from the house and looked at her seriously while she tilted her head to the side.

"I'm sure the others find it odd as well, but from the look on Flora's face, it seems like they are a good friends? I'm not sure why she didn't recognize the guy before" pulling out a phone, Musa showed me a picture of a guy, who look quite different from the bar. "This is the guy" I held her phone to inspect it closely before sending it to my phone. The picture taken is a bit shaky as I can guess Musa took it secretly but it is still recognizable.

Looking at the picture closely as I went to give Musa a kiss on her forehead, I glared trying to think who this guy is. Flora didn't mention anything. An ex boyfriend of her?

ꜰʟᴏʀᴀ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

Walking myself in an unknown route, I figured this is better so Lucas won't try to catch me off guard. What happened is still making my body shake in fear and I don't know how to calm myself down other than being with Helia and the others. But they can't see me like this, I need to calm myself first.

"Good boy!"

I heard a very cheerful voice ahead of me and I saw a beautiful woman playing with her dog at a nearby bench. They look so happy in each other's company like how Roxy is with Artu. The woman caught me looking at them that she wave at me before patting the empty spot next to her. I don't want to look rude and a stranger's company is a good help to keep my mind off from what happened earlier. Heading close to them and sitting down on the spot she offered, she tilt her head in worry before her dog jumped on her lap and looked at me.

Is something on my face?

"I'm sorry, I can't help but to noticed how happy you both are..." 

I started but she shook her head and suddenly cupped my cheek with such worry look on her eyes. She hesitated for a bit before nodding at me softly, as if she's trying to tell me something. But I'm lost on the warm and comfort she's offering me without uttering.

"My dear, what's wrong?" my eyes widen at the softness of her voice before rubbing her thumb on my cheek. "Your eyes are telling me so much, that you're not fine" she added and gave me a gentle smile, indicating that I can trust her.

But from the moment she touched my cheek, I knew I can trust her. Her aura feels so much kind that I thought was impossible since I'm a mere stranger to her . How can she be this... sweet?

"I know we both barely know each other, but I can tell whenever someone is sad..." She started when I didn't say anything that I just looked at her. She moved her hand off my cheek down to my hands that are resting on my laps and gave my hands a  squeeze. "Whatever it is, you need to be strong not only for your family and friends, but mostly for you..." 

I was about to speak up when she continued speaking, her next words made my heart melts since it is what I wanted to hear after what happened.

"Don't let your sadness devour your kind self, you can't bear to lose yourself..."

Smiling at the stranger in front of me, I felt myself tearing up from the support I received from her. She is right, I can't let what happened earlier control me, I should be the one controlling it.

"There's the smile" she let go of my hand and stood up with her dog in her arms as she grin at me widely. "You look pretty when you're smiling..."

She was about to walk away when I stopped her and ask for their name. At least her name is what I can have in return for her kindness. She turned around and smiled at me.

"I'm Lilly and this is Joey" 

This encounter with Lilly is surely wonderful, I got the comfort I needed without worrying the others. Nothing bad happened to me that can affect them and that's what important. My heart is at peace at last.

...

It didn't took me a while to decide to head back as I'm sure the others are worried for me even if I already called them. However, there's something I need to do. Lucas, I need to make sure I won't get followed again even for a while until I'll get back at Aquaria and figure this out. Standing in a hidden area of the street, I raised my hands and closed my eyes as I use some magic I learned from class to cause confusion to Lucas whenever he come close to our place. He will either forget what he's doing here or our place will be distorted in his mind. I'm not sure if this will work but I don't have any other choice.

"..."

Opening my eyes, I glance around the place cautiously while clutching around the hoodie on my head securely as I take a step hurriedly to get into the place. I can't stay outside for long. I reached for the doorknob fast and went in swiftly hopefully the others are already in the kitchen but I saw them at the living room looking at me in surprise.

"Flora!" Helia quickly stood up and went to hug me before cupping my cheeks worriedly. "We were so worried..." He frowned sadly and I can't help but to feel bad that I went to kiss his cheek.

I could hear the others gathering around us but I only gave Helia a wide smile and hold his hands that are on my cheeks. "I'm sorry for worrying you guys, I went outside as soon as I got a call from my parents back at Linphea, I couldn't say anything as it was urgent" I all gave them a sorry look. my eyes ended up looking at Riven and I masked my expression well with the same smile before turning to look back at Helia. "But I'm back!"

I'm sorry guys, but i can't drag you into this mess. I will fix it on my own and hopefully I can make it out alive.

~ 🌼

I'm sorry for the wait! This is a new chapter that I made and I needed some time T.T