Sheasta 5: my lame confession

"huh?. . . What?!" I yelled wide eyed. This is embarrasing!!

I put my hands up to cover my ears just as he looked at them.

N: "haha, I was joking!"

Argh! I cant believe this guy! One moment he's a nice guy and the next an annoying bastard!

N: "bhahahahha, lol! The look of your face is priceless!"

S: "I hate your jokes! They are not even funny"

N: "well to me it is."

S: "shut up"

And...we sat quietly, listening to a couple of songs......

I noticed he was wearing a watch, so I tried tilting my head to read it.

N: "half past 3"

Sheasta: "argh! That guy... I am gonna make sure I kill him when he reaches here!"
wait...he noticed I was looking at his watch?

N: "how are you going home?"

S: "oh! my brother is picking me up, should have been here 2 hours ago..."

N: "why didn't you call him?"

S: "My phone was stolen..this morning"
....
....

N: "oh...I used up my credit"

S: "I wasn't going to ask..."
...
...

N: "hey, want a ride home?"

S: "nah...brother's gonna be all overprotective on me"

N: "come on lets go, I wanna go home now" he stood and grabbed my hand to pull me up.

S: "Then you can go! why do I have to come with you?let go!"

N: "haha I meant I am gonna drive you to your house on my way home"

S: "still... my brother's gonna pick me!"

Then, I heard someone at the back of us say,"hey get your hands off from her, boy!"

S: "Nate!" I said.

Nathaniel: "Nate?" he said

"Nathaniel?" My brother said.

"What?"
....
I dont get this....

Bro: "hey man~ life's good?"

N: "yeah man and you?"

S: "wait.....you two...know each other?"
As I look at them "man-hugging" and greeting each other with "fist pumps"
...
...

S: "hey! I was asking a question!"

Bro: "alright we need to go man~ see ya around!"

N: "yeah later"

I got into Nate's friend's car, looked out the window and watched Nathaniel turned and walked away.

Too bad we didnt say goodbye.... Anyways its time to study but I still wonder how they knew each other...

I suddenly remembered something and slapped Nate on the arm.

"Hey! What was that for?"

** a week later...* the days are simple... I studied and sat for papers. some were hard and some were okay... but I would never say easy because I'm not that smart. I hung out with Jess at lunch, while Nathaniel annoys me during class, exams and after school before my bro picks me and he also talks to my brother when he comes. He gradually seemed to be less annoying and fun to be with, I admit... oh and I get to take good glances at Marco and speak with him since Nathaniel is good friends with him.
**
Finally! Exams are over!!! But....I think I did really bad....with all the distractions here...

Argh! And guess what? we are having classes just to discuss about the extra activities to be done by class reps and club reps ... awful right? we should relax and let the teachers do it!

I went to find Jessica for lunch but....she was nowhere to be found. I had checked her classroom, the washroom, cafeteria, corridors, but...no Jess...argh! Where could she be?

"Oh!" I bumped onto Marco and almost fell over.

"You alright? seem to be bumping onto people frequently"

"Hi! Haha, yeah I'm fine. By the way, have you seen Jessica around?"

"Hm...dont think I bumped onto her today. Wanna go look for her together?"

"Sure!"

The corridor was empty since its lunch hour so I decided or maybe I wanted to tell him how I feel....since Jess was so persistant every lunch time so maybe this will be good news for her?

"hey Marco...."

"Yeah?"

"Where's Nath?" no!no!not what I wanted to say!

"Haha looking for him? He's at the cafeteria with a bunch of girls over him, as always"

"Oh yeah, haha, aaalways"

"And I have something to tell you."

"yeah?"

"I think I.... like you....Um do you....want to...You know...um...consider this...confession?"

"uh--wha--what?! Oh! Uh about that, yeah... I heard from Jess and I was going to- I will have to say I'm sor--"

"You know what? Thanks for listening, really! I already know that I'm not your type and not pretty too, but just wanted to share my crappy feelings to get over it so, see ya later!" I smiled at him but inside, I was very heartbroken. I didn't want to face him so I turned around and ran.

Of course! I should have realized that no one would like a girl like me! Crap... I got too carried away and let out too much feelings out on this one.

"wait! Chel- Sheasta! Let me-"

I was already running to the washroom so I couldn't hear him anymore. I'm scared that THAT explaination might hurt me even more!