We're set.

ᛁᛊᚨᛒᛖᚢ

Isabeau rolled onto her side and winced. It had been a week since she had given birth- this baby had come a little early as well, but was healthy.

Another girl. They had named her Svanhildr.

Isabeau was beginning to feel nervous that Canute would start getting angry at their lack of sons. He hadn't shown anything but care to her when he had been to see her since the birth- but four girls and no prince would make people start whispering. What if it made Canute start whispering?

She closed her eyes tightly as she sat up, shaking her head again.

No. He loves me- he loves our daughters. Daughters can have sons that he can name his heirs. Daughters provide alliances. He loves me. He loves the girls.

She reached for the cup of water a maid had left for her and took a sip. She winced as she turned to set it down again.

Her body was in so much pain after this birth- it wasn't childbed fever, she'd already be dead if it was. It was just a very difficult birth.

She had laboured for a day and a half, the baby having been in a breech position. She had been terrified that the baby wouldn't make it. That she wouldn't make it.

When the baby had been born, and Isabeau had heard her cries- it had been like the relief she had felt when Frederick had been born.

All was right with the world for a few minutes. Her baby was safe, she was safe.

She inched to the side of her bed and took a deep breath. She had walked a little since the birth but was still struggling with it. Her maid had dressed her and then taken her right back to her bed.

"I'm not infirm," she muttered to herself. "I can stand." She pushed herself to her feet and took a few steps, immediately she was hit with a wave of pain and found herself on the floor before she could even blink.

"Isabeau?" The door pushed open and Canute stepped inside with Geoffrey behind him. He rushed to his wife, putting a hand on the side of her face. "Are you alright?"

"Of course I'm not alright," she gripped his sleeves. "Help me stand up."

"You should be in bed, Iz." Geoffrey said with concern in his voice.

"I've been in bed too long," Isabeau shook her head and braced herself as Canute helped her stand without letting go of her. "If I was just helped to walk more, it wouldn't be as much of an issue."

"We need to speak with you," Canute said as he held her to his chest. "So we'll take you through a walk in the orchard while we talk."

She nodded, holding on to him tightly as the three of them walked out of her room and into the hall.

The men stayed silent as they moved through the castle, which was odd to her. She had to stay fairly focused on keeping herself upright even hanging on to her husband. It was painful- but bearable as long as she moved steadily.

As they reached the orchard, Isabeau looked up at her husband. "Alright. What is making the two of you so quiet?"

Geoffrey and Canute looked at each other and nodded.

"Let's give you a break," Canute helped his wife sit as they reached a small stone bench. "We can talk here, right, Geoffrey?"

"No ones around." Geoffrey nodded, leaning against a tree.

"Is this about Ketil and his family?" Isabeau asked, looking between the two men.

"It is," Canute confirmed. "We're having them arrested on duelling charges soon."