Chapter 12

Meg's P.O.V.

I wake up feeling the pressure of someone sitting near my legs. I can feel a strong arm wrapped around my waist that I've come to recognize as Collins. But who's sitting by my legs? I groggily open my eyes and look over to see Finn's smirking face.

"Moooorning" He says eating a bowl of cereal. I gently move Collins arm from me and he rolls to his other side.

"Finn what are you doing?"

He chews on his cereal."I'm eating some cereal" he says taking another spoon-full."Ok...but what are you doing here?"

"Um..I live here. This is my room Meg." I notice a bit of milk on his chin. God he's such a messy eater.  "So how was it?"

"How was what?" I sit up a bit, leaning on my elbow. He gives me a look and I raise my eyebrow, "You know what."

"No I don't." He glances between me and Collin. Oh hell no. "You think we had sex!?"

Finn rolls his eyes "Sure you didn't. Good luck convincing Haymitch."

"You told Haymitch that me and Collin did it!?" I swear I'm going to kill Finn!

"No. Haymitch came in here looking for you hours ago. I had to hold him back, he was about to kill Collin"

I sit up and look at the alarm clock....a broken alarm clock "Shit! What time is it??"

"Around 11:30-ish" Finn says, casually eating his cereal. I swear I could punch him. I throw off the sheets and get up.

"Dude I had to start shooting propos today! And Haymitch is pissed!" I find myself searching the room for my stuff, but then I realize, this isn't my room. FUCK! I look over at Finn who's just sitting on the bed eating his cereal. "Also I didn't have sex with him. I was comforting my friend"

The expression on Finn's face tells me he understands and knows what happened. I feel horrible but I don't have the time to stay here with Collin. I run next door to my compartment, running in I go to my room and pull on fresh clothes and quickly braid my hair.After I clean myself up I literally run down to command. Opening the door I find a group of people looking very unhappy. The group includes Haymitch, Katniss, Peeta and the rest; though they all look like they have something to say, Haymitch speaks first.

"So. Do you want to explain what happened last night?" He asks, hinting upon the suggestion that I had sex with Collin. This pisses me off.

"Yeah, I'll explain what happened." I say taking my seat "Collin's mother is dead. Everyone knows this. So I took him out of here and back to his room. I put him to bed and he asked me to stay and comfort him. And so I lied down next to him and we fell asleep. We didn't have sex so put that thought out of your perverted minds and tell me when we're going to do this propo?"They all look a bit surprised and relieved.

Peeta looks over at Haymitch "I told you they didn't do it."

"Well it looked like they had." Haymitch defends himself. Katniss rolls her eyes.

"Meg wouldn't do it. She knows better." Katniss looks at me "Right?"

"Yes." I reply "I don't plan on doing anything that could jeopardize this rebellion."A few nod and Arvis smiles at me.

Effie sits up, glancing around the room. "So now that we have all that settled, we need to begin the filming. Of course this will not be anything too serious, just you and Katniss saying you're both alive as is the rebellion."

"Okay. And will I be mentioning Jem and Jace? And how they've been captured by the Capitol?" The people at the table look around at each other.

"Um..no, you will not" Effie answers my question.

"Why not? People might be more willing to join if they know that innocent people have been taken."

Gale speaks up "It will show weakness. That even the Capitol can take one of our own...two of our own and successfully corrupt one. Sure it might get some to join, but most will be too afraid of something similar happening to them."

I guess this makes sense. I nod and don't question it any further.

"Alright then!" Says Effie "Let's get you looking presentable!"

"I swear to god Effie if you put make up on me..." I glance around at the table and I can tell by the bemused expressions that there will be make up "Oh please no! I hate that junk!"

Katniss chuckles "Sucks to suck Meg."

"Katniss you're in this propo too." Peeta says holding back a laugh.

"I don't need makeup!" Katniss says, already trying to weasel her way out of it.

Haymitch scoffs "Don't flatter yourself." I can tell he's just joking but Katniss still looks offended.

"Take a bath Haymitch." She says getting up as Effie ushers her and I out the door.