█▓▒­░⡷⠂ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇꜱ⠐⢾░▒▓█

pistanthrophobia

(n.) the fear of trusting people due to past relationships gone bad

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Celeste's eyes fluttered open, her mind foggy. Where was she? No. She was in the dark floating abyss just like the last time she had passed out. Wow, just a simple nut can nearly kill you? How pathetic, the voice in her mind scolded her. She tried to push the thoughts away like before. That won't work, darling. You can't take me away, the voice spoke. Celeste froze.

That's right. I'm not just you doubting yourself. I am something else. Something dark, the voice whispered menacingly.

"No! No you're not. I'm just hallucinating," Celeste convinced herself. The voice gave a small scoff of amusement. Tch Tch Tch. You have no idea what power I posses, what power you possess. And I will posses you, the voice said hungrily. Horror washed over her.

Yes, I will make you a completely different person. I will make you betray your friends, overthrow the gods. You shall make everyone suffer! The voice roared with such evilness my vocabulary couldn't even begin to express it. Celeste shook her head.

"No, no. You can't! I won't let you!" She yelled at it, trying to kick it out of her mind. An image flashed and she suddenly saw a horrifying picture. It was her, looking at the Argo III, which was set ablaze. She could hear the screams of her friends. The evil version of her, the one the voice claimed she would be, turned to a tall, slender figure.

"Good job, Celestial," Terror washed over her as the image faded. The voice that the slender figure- it was the women from the mansion. The one who controlled the Wraiths. Yes, you will betray your friends, your only friends. How does it feel, to know the gods have set you up for evil? How does it feel, knowing that your heart and soul will turn cruel? The voice taunted in her mind.

"Stop it," She whispered, tears flowing down, cradling herself on the floor. "Please, stop it," She was shaking, her mind and soul terrified. I will let you wake up. Not because you want me to let you go, but because I have much, much more planned for you, the voice whispered in her mind. Her eyes flashed, and she left the dream realm.

"Oh gods, you're awake!" She heard Annabeth's voice as her figure rushed over towards Celeste. She helped her sit up, her eyes fuzzy.

"Did the ambrosia work? Here, have some more," Annabeth uncapped a bottle and popped it into her mouth, the taste of warm campfire marshmallow filling her mouth. Her pain was instantly relived, her vision cleaner up and her mind smoother. She could still remember the voice in her mind; the nightmare that had overcame her.

Are you there? She asked it. No response. She sent a quick thanks from the gods and looked at her surroundings. She was on the Argo III, meaning she must have had to been carried back due to passing out.

"Gods, that waitress was horrible! I can't even believe her!" Annabeth spat out, taking out her dagger to sharpen it. Celeste shuddered at the memory.

"What- what happened after I passed out?" She asked. Annabeth gave her a soft look and placed her dagger on a nearby drawer.

"Well, there was a crowd there, and they were all really pissed off. They got the waitress fired on the spot, and you were barely breathing. Nico had to carry you all the way back. I think he was the most upset," Annabeth noted with a small smile. Celeste blushed, and before she could say anything, Annabeth stood up and glanced at the clock.