60.

Ashanti

"What you wanted to tell me that was so important? " I told Monty as we sat across from each each other.

"Look I thought it would be better to tell you in person not over the phone the cops came by the church asking about you not only you but meech- is there something you need to tell me?".

"I don't have to tell you anything " I told him with an attitude

"Listen Ashanti all I'm trying to do is help I lived that lifestyle meech is living well not big but- besides that I can help you I can tell you what to say to the cops on the behave of meech".

"No, thank you, we are good we always solve problems".

"Ion know about this one". He says making me think even more about it that's when I got emotional.

Tears fell down my face as I thought about the worst he looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

I didn't mean to get emotional but I can't ever be away from my kids.

"I don't want to get in trouble".

"You're not "

"How you know? I can't be away from my kids I didn't ask for this I told Demetrius to leave the game a long time ago when he made enough money did he listened no.... I can't go away from my babies I can't monty".

"You're not.......when you get home you need to have a deep conversation with him tell him it's serious ".

"Okay" I said as I wipe my tears.

"Don't worry about getting in trouble I mean they're going to talk to you because you're his wife".

"Gosh if I ever known this was going to happen I would've married him" I mumbled.

Monty laughs.

*

I put the key Inside the door and unlocked it seeing meech leaning on the counter drinking his liquor as Blu, B, Jeezy, Ra Terry sat at the table playing cards.

I tossed the keys over and sat my purse down .

"Wassup Shanti".

Meech looked over saw my eyes puff eyeliner from under my eyes messed up.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked.

"You wouldn't understand".

"What you mean".

"You don't know what's going on because you are so into drinking, parting getting High that the cops are looking for you!" I yelled.

"Huh?"

"The cops fuck going on?'

"He'll she mean cops?" The guys asked.

"I don't have to repeat myself, listen at this point I don't give a damn what happens as long as I don't go down I have kids they needs their mother ".

"I know she didn't say that" meech said looking at the guys.

Rakim got up from the chair walked up to me to walked me out the house to cool off. "Sis calm down breathe everything going to be fine trust me".

I nodded my head, taking deep breaths.

"He doesn't care al he cares about is himself I'm so tired he doesn't care about me or his kids I'm leaving he can go down on his own" I walked right back in there went to the bed rooms got pur things packed up.

I woke them up out their bed slipped on their jackets and shoes on. "Mommy where are we going?'

"We going at a hotel for a few days" I say.

They followed me put the door as I held our bags.

"What about daddy??" Lil meech asked.

"He doesn't want to go".

"Don't tell no lie like that- come on kids come on back in the house" he says as they begin to walk back. "Momma just acting dramatic".

"No come on kids". They turn back around getting in the car.

Meech walked up to me getting in my face I didn't back down we were face to face arguing. "Fuck this married it doesn't mean nothing to me anymore being with you is hell having all thus luxury shut comes with a price I'll be damn if I'll spend time behind bars meech".

"Who said who's going to tell unless your ass been running your damn mouth!- I swear I'm you been running your mouth I'll -".

"You'll what? Kill me?"....

"Divorce your-"

"Then do it"

"Naw never mind that's what your ass want anyways but you with me for better or for worse remember! Quit being such a weak ass bitch".

"Aye that's enough" hakim got in the middle between us. "Fuck you" I say walking away getting inside the car heading to a hotel.