Chapter 4

The next day I ran to my friends who have sent the mail too. I was so excited. It turned out that everyone had gotten a response too, and everyone had a longer and more cheeky one than I got, but I told myself it wouldn't bother me.

We weren't the only ones who had written a mail, and I wasn't surprised to see that Rose had gotten the larger response. Obviously she had attached a picture of herself, and don't get me wrong, I'm friends with Rose, but everyone is into her. Always.

The next few months weren't that important. The days before the trip were great and stressful. Having to prepare huge luggage, speaking to new teachers about having to do extra work on something and get behind in some others, but I was way to excited.

Of course I kept in touch with my friends from Houston and they had written Jack and Finn the other mail to arrange our meeting. This time I didn't even bother to write back.

I left on a plane by myself to Madrid. I would arrive at the same time than my friends and we would go to the hotel together. Dreamy me had expected to seat next to a hot guy for our 8 hour flight. Instead I was seated between a kid and his mum. It wasn't nice, but I'm looking forward to meet my friends at the hotel.

Arriving at the hotel...

I called Caroline, Eliza, Christy and all of my friends that were suposed to be at the hotel by this time. I even called Rose, but no one answered which was really weird. I tried not to panic, it was the first day of the trip, what could happen?

I entered the hotel by myself and saw a Starbucks. I could definitely have a frap later. First I needed to see if I had a room with someone I knew.

"Hola, puede decirme si hay un cuarto a nombre de Melissa?" Asking for my room in spanish made me nervous, but the guy didn't noticed because he continued to talk in spanish. He told me that as I was a part of the group, I was going to share a room with someone else.

I entered my room with my huge suitcase and left it on my bed, which I knew was mine because the other one was taken. Nobody answered when I asked if someone was there, so after I called everyone of my friends again and had no answer from any of them, I decided to take a long long shower.

The shower was more than relaxing. I almost felt asleep. Until I heard someone entered the bathroom. I made no noise, and then she left. Later I taught I should have asked who was it, because I should know who will I be sleeping with, don't I? After that bothering thought I got out of the shower and my cellphone started to sound.

"Oh my..." And then a crashing sound. It was Caroline.

"Are you ok?" I asked

"Not really, the stairs of this hotel are making me fall... Fuck"

"Caroline wearing high heels for traveling blames you on the falling part."

"Well smarty pants, where are you? Cause I'm ready to go and meet someone..."

"I just got out of the shower and was planning to have some coffee on the lobby. By the way, have some of you already checked-in? Cause I'm sharing room with someone..." And she cut what I was saying

"Hurry up and meet me at the Starbucks ASAP, we are having a "class" with Mrs. Tarrago about Spanish culture" Caroline said before she hung up.

I changed fast and went downstairs with my curly short brown hair all soaked. I found Caroline and ordered our coffee. She went first and then me, after she left to a table, I started to ask for my drink, when I felt someone behind me saying "Con permiso, señorita" in a not-so-nice-nor-natural Spanish accent. I felt heat rising in my back. Not even 3 hours in Spain and already in trouble? I though as I turned.