{3} : Raging Hearts

Her heart was pounding so hard as she said she was waiting for him inside his car. She just kissed someone for the first time and she is overwhelming with the joy. She had never felt so shy and nervous about sitting with someone, but the environment today is very cosy and romantic. Since everything has changed, she is too shy to even consider going back to the same room with him. Her desire to be with him has grown since she discovered her feelings for him. She was sweating profusely and the car felt too warm because she was so nervous. When Murtasim returned a minute later, he saw her seated in the passenger seat.

"Meerab, I am so happy. I promise never to let you go now", he muttered as he smiled while sitting in the driver's seat. Since his smile had finally returned, Meerab remained silent so as not to spoil it. His words that he would not be able to control himself if she left him made her fear that he would have a breakdown. She was therefore scared and concerned for him, but her fear was overshadowed by her insecurity and jealousy. She turned to face him, who was beaming with joy, and she knew why.

Reaching across her lap, he took her hand and pressed it to his lips. She blushed as he moved closer to make her feel at ease with his romantic advances. She was aware of his feelings and desire for her, so she gave him her full attention while watching him do what he was doing and admiring him. He gently stroked her palm after kissing the back of it, as if leaving a permanent mark with his lips. Her heart skipped a beat as he gestured for her to step forward and planted a kiss on her forehead. The sensation of his lips lingering on her forehead made her heart race and her breath catch. She felt so pure and lovely. When he turned away from her, she retreated right away and tried to catch her breath, which was difficult due to his proximity. Knowing full well that Meerab did not mind at all, Murtasim stepped back, blushing. However, he could not help but wonder why she was resisting if she was comfortable.

"May I ask you something?", he inquired, to which Meerab hummed in response, not meeting his gaze because she was too shy to look at him at the moment. She senses that his eyes are already brimming with desire, so she does not want to entice him again by blushing.

"Why did you refuse to let me touch you? I mean, I had rights over you because we were married. Then why? Please do not misunderstand me that I am so desperate, it is just...", he asked, but she cut him off in the middle.

"Because you were the last person I wanted to see every day and I was not prepared for marriage. I believed that I would never be able to accept you since I did not want you in my life when I realized the truth. However, your kindness and concern have really impressed me. The house that used to feel like a cage suddenly felt like home to me. I used to think that all of you people were egotistical and would try to pull down an independent girl like me, taking my dreams with them. You seemed like a rude, conceited person to me, and I was not prepared to give up on someone like you quickly. However, as I got to know you, I realized I was mistaken. Your image was wrong in front of my eyes. I now understand that I cannot survive without you. Kabhi sapne mai bhi nahi socha tha itne jaruri ho jaoge mere lea tum. Tumse ladte ladte kab... Kareeb aa gai pata nahi chala", she murmured, looking down, as it took a lot of courage for her to open her heart to him. Since Haya is still around, she is still apprehensive to declare her love, but she still wanted to let him know how much he means to her and how much she trusts him.

They have already wasted a lot of time on foolish people, so she did not want to put off hurting him any longer because she knew it was necessary. She felt tears well up in her eyes as she turned to face her house and realized that, suddenly, the place that had once been her entire world had become strange and paradisiacal.

"That home used to be my everything. My safe haven, but without you, that place appeared eerie. Since you were everything to me, I felt as though I had lost everything when you left. I was upset with you because you chose to believe Haya over me. She wants us to be separated by hook or crook. If you want us together, promise me that I do not have to see her face the next day after Mariyam's marriage", Meerab asked for a promise by forwarding her hand, and he placed his hand over hers, promising that he would never let Haya come between them ever again. He wiped her tears softly with the back of his thumb and moved a bit closer