2 : Longing For Eachother

He picked up the sleeping Meesam in his arms and gave her a heartfelt hug with trembling hands. It was refreshing to feel his embrace for his daughter. She is a part of him, his princess, his love, and his life. The sheer beauty in his arms caused his eyes to well up with tears. Drops of tears fell from his eyes when he realized how fortunate he is to have a delicate daughter. Meesam moved slightly to alert him, so he put her on the bed out of concern that if he held her in his arms, he would drop her and hurt her. His lips trembled as he felt the urge to touch her hair just once, and he glanced at his fingertips that had just touched an innocent soul. He reached to touch her hair, but his hands trembled once more. Upon touching his daughter's hair, he experienced a sense of comfort and an unexplained joy coursing through his veins. He shied away from her pain as soon as he touched the wound on her arm because she is so delicate. This deep cut on these little arms hurt his heart. He began to dream of spending time with his daughter and made a promise to himself that he would never allow her to cry.

"Murtasim... You should go. Your...", Meerab interrupted, shaking his head, obviously not ready to give up on sitting and loving his daughter just yet. He wanted to look at her for a longer time in order to keep his daughter's memories in his heart forever. He fears that if he were to leave his daughter alone for even a minute, Meerab would disappear into thin air. The woman in front of him is the one he truly loves, so he felt his lips quiver as he opened his mouth to talk. She is the woman who has the ability to bring him to his knees and the mother of his child. His emotions unspoken, he continued to fix his gaze on Meerab, who reciprocated with a look of her own. His eyes watered and his throat tightened. He finds it unbelievable that the woman he loved, Meerab, would want him to leave his daughter in a matter of minutes. He has not even finished checking out his daughter; how can he leave her? What if he never meets her again? He will die feeling guilty for not being able to spend as much time as possible with his daughter.

"Bass 5... Nahi 10 minute or dedo", he asked, struggling to find the right words. He is surprised by himself because he has always exuded confidence, even around her. But at that moment, he could feel his own self breaking every few seconds. Even though the situation and the tiny soul in front of him are his weaknesses, tears still managed to escape his eyes and slightly cloud his vision even though he does not want to cry right now. Putting Meesam on his lap, he held her small, delicate hands very gently out of concern that he might break her if he held her too tightly. He bowed slightly, gave her a gentle peck on each cheek, and closed his eyes once more, encapsulating the moments in his heart. He dried his tears with the back of his hand and returned his gaze to his peacefully sleeping daughter in his arms. He adored sleeping beauty and kissed her forehead softly lifting her a little up to shower his love to his daughter.

He considers himself to be the luckiest person alive for having met his daughter and getting to spend time admiring and staring at her beauty. She is sleeping like Meerab and is as gorgeous as her mother. His heart sank as he realized Meerab was waiting for him to stop so she could take Meesam away. The realization that he did not want to go—not today, not ever—made his heart pound. Once more, he picked Meesam up in his arms, hugged her while gently resting her head on his shoulder, and felt the tears start to flow once more. Meesam moved a little and held his shoulder in her small hands as he gently caressed her back. His heart skipped a beat as he felt his daughter's hand around him. He turned to see her firmly holding him.

"Murtasim...", Meerab said, finally forcing him to break out of his trance and ask him to stop bothering her while she slept. Meesam is a finicky child who finds it difficult to fall asleep if she wakes up, and Murtasim is doing everything that would cause her to wake up. She was unable to stop staring at the man she loved the most, to the point where she forgot their two long years of separation. Although Murtasim is unaware of her emotions, she is certain that she loves him and that he is the person she lost her heart to. Although she felt bad for separating them, she knew that avoiding Murtasim was one of her best options and had her own reasons.