3 : Longing For Eachother

Meerab walked over to the car and sat in the driving seat. Her hands trembled as she held the stearing wheel. She never had the opportunity to drive during these two years, so she has lost confidence in her driving abilities. She was nervous because she remembered two accidents: one when she was driving and the other when Murtasim was upset. Haya was the only reason at the time, and she is the only reason now since she is aware that Murtasim loves Haya somewhere. Although he acts as though he has no feelings for her, he does.

Glancing to the side, she saw Murtasim planting a tender kiss on Meesam's forehead. As she watched Murtasim show his daughter so much love, a tear fell from her eyes. In her dreams, she imagined how Murtasim would respond if he learned about Meesam. She assumed he would chastise her and doubt her loyalty, but in reality, he didn't. She does not even know what to feel right now, but he accepted that she is his daughter and is now adoring the adorable little fairy. Meesam grinned as he gently stroked her hair with his hand firmly wrapped around her in protective embrace. Meesam never feels at ease around people, but she went with Murtasim because she might have felt familiar with him.

Meesam is identical to Murtasim and sleeps in the same position. Sideways with her mouth open and hand free. She also throw her blanket away just like Murtasim do. He might think she did not give a damn or saw anything about him, but she did, and he ignored her. Even now, both have the same expression, and Meesam's eyes are watery, possibly because she misses her father's warmth. Otherwise, she does not even sit still for long, as if she were sitting with him now.

"Meesam... You... Accept me as your father?", he asked  his daughter softly and Meerab felt heartbroken because she had never wanted to be in this predicament. She can not deny that she missed this man, despite the numerous queries and grievances she had with him. Oh, this helpless face, willing to do anything for her, simply to bring her happiness. She felt loved and protected by this man, who helped her through every challenge. But everything becomes meaningless when he has someone else in his life. Even after they separated, Haya, the woman who caused their split, continues to live under the same roof as him. How could she put up with that? How come they are not pressuring Haya to marry like they did Murtasim, if his mother loved her as her daughter-in-law and he is that sincere? She heard Murtasim's voice and snapped out of her reverie.

"Kab hui yeh?", Murtasim inquired. Meerab glanced down, her eyes glistening as she recalled the pain she had to endure most of the time and her C-section delivery due to her poor health. Meesam's health was also poor in the beginning; the doctors told her chances of survival were slim, so her survival seemed miraculous. Every day, Meerab used to live in constant fear of losing Meesam. In her dreams, Haya would sometimes appear and kill Meesam, or Murtasim would take Meesam and use it as evidence of his legal claim to Meesam. She closed her eyes and thought back to the day she was seven months pregnant and the doctors told her that if she did not give birth to Meesam, the baby would not survive. Her mouth opened to respond, but nothing came out because she was not sure if this was the appropriate place to discuss herself.

"Are you fine? Do not worry, Meesam is fine", he said softly to Meerab before turning to look at his daughter again.

"And since she is my daughter, she will recover quickly... Hana... You will play with me daily then hana... Papa ke sath khelegi na?", Murtasim asked Meesam, rubbing her nose against him, causing Meesam to chuckle. She then gripped Murtasim's cheek tightly while observing her nails digging into his cheeks. Meerab is always terrified to cut her nails because Meesam will not let her; she either sobs uncontrollably or moves constantly. Meesam always makes things difficult for Meerab by retraction of her hand, or she tries to divert Meerab's attention by pretending to be in pain. Just like her father. They look so cute together right now, and she is growing more and more in love with him because she has been missing him and wants to be loved by him. However, her insecurities constantly push her away because she secretly thinks that Murtasim is the only one who truly loves Haya.