What a nice ass-cough* I mean walking-rhythm.

[你好

I'm not sure if anyone ever wanted to, but I kinda feel that I have yet to see people try explore the school and the rules in fics, making theories about what the grand goal and total comprehensive system for it is supposed to be.

I will try to do it, and while I'm confident in my creativity (Making up BS), I'm unsure whether it qualifies in the complexity compartment.

Anyway, onto the story.]

POV-Chan was playing Sherlock Homes as she used one of Kiyo's hairs as a fake beard and acted like she understood what her Oni-chan was thinking about, although she definitely knew what he was thinking.

"Sae-Sensei, what do you think this school is supposed to be?"

She didn't immediately respond and took a bit of her time with it. Did she gather her thoughts? Make sure she didn't reveal everything? Or perchance she thought against the impression I deliberately implanted in her, seeking a way out of the confusion?

"We already talked things through in class, why would you ask that again?"

"Then let me ask from another angle, which company in Japan is allowed to independently carry out 'justice' to some extent as our judiciary system does in our society?"

"You found out about the student council's powers and responsibilities?"

She indirectly confirmed my confrontational question, and her voice slightly higher and mellow, carrying her mood of amusement through the call.

"I have my sources, but regardless of that, could you answer my first question with this out of the way?"

"Indeed, the company example works to a certain extent but it can't cover everything and you'll end up being at a disadvantage against other classes who saw past it."

"That much is to expect, no matter the context, you're bound to lose if you can't grasp your surroundings in a battle."

"But haven't you already answered your own question? You sound as if you do not see yourself within that statement." She asserted with a certainty, dripping with a sense of familiarity.

It's truly fascinating.

"There's naturally a reason for that."

The human brain can't accept monotony and if exposed to it for a long time, it starts to stimulate itself.

"How mysterious."

I learned how to control it in the White Room.

After I became the sole survivor of my generation, my mind lacked the previously available stimulus to a large extent.

"Anyway, would you please confirm my thoughts by elaborating?"

I suspected that the stronger my physical and combat ability grew, the more I was isolated from instructors and other personnel as well.

Which contributed to that maddening monotony.

"It is supposed to replicate society, a micro-cosom of it if you will..."

The major difference between me and Sae-sensei in that regard is simple; I'm used to monotony while she, having lived in modern society with the advent of technology, had a much harder time coping with it. Used to the stimulus of information streaming into her senses at every moment.

"...Those are my thoughts as a former student of this school, a graduate mind you."

She is not alone in that, most students at this school would and will have a similar, slowly twisted impression of me.