Chapter 7: Danger

Chapter 7:

(Laney's point of view)

After we make it out of the airport, it is 4 o' clock. We check into the hotel and decide who will be sharing rooms:

Niall and Liam

Zayn and Louis

Me and Harry

I am fine sharing a room with Harry. I know he won't do anything stupid. He knows I am only 17 and haven't gotten out much since my parents are so strict.

✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺

We set up for the concert at the Verizon Center, so we can try to make it back to the hotel as quickly as we can to rest before the concert tonight.

"Alright, Laney and I are going to go back to the hotel and rest before the show." Harry says, looking over at me. I am sitting with Niall who has attempted to teach me how to play guitar.

The boys exchange looks. They all laugh. Finally Louis says, "ok have fun- but not too much fun!" They all laugh again, giving Louis high-fives.
I cringe. Are they five years old?

I think I turn a bit red, and Harry rolls his eyes at them, "Really, pal?"

I hold onto Harry's hand, and we walk out of the stadium.

✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺

The room has two twin beds, one for me, and one for Harry.

Harry throws off his shoes and flops over on the bed. I start to laugh.

"W-what?" He asks, smiling at me.

"Your feet! They're so big!" I laugh.

He began to laugh. "No, you're feet are just tiny!" He says, pointing at my feet. We both laugh together now. Harry sits up, and I look over at him.

"Let's do a 'Never Have I Ever' fact every night before a concert." He says.

"Alright. I'll go first. Never Have I Ever.... ridden a roller coaster."

"Really? Pssh loser," Harry chuckles.

"Harry, I am not a loser!" I scold, "My parents are just.. you know..."

"I know. I was kidding!" he laughs, then continues,"Never Have I Ever.... pushed a girl into the water."

I laugh at him. "What kind of fact is that?!"

He just shrugs. Typical Harry. "You've really never been on a roller coaster?!" Harry questions, surprised.

I look down in shame and shake my head with a sheepish smile.

"Get out." Harry says, pointing to the door. I get up and head towards the door, and before Harry can tell me he is joking, I run at him and tackle him so that now we are on his bed.

I find myself on top of him and for a moment, it is silent. I want to kiss him so badly, but I don't. Harry soon pushes me off of him so that we are both flopped over onto his bed, staring at the ceiling in silence.

✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺

I watch as the boys do everything to prepare to go out on stage. I can hear fans screaming beyond the walls.

Harry had told me I can go watch the show in the audience, but I am going to wait and go when the concert starts, hoping that the crowds will have cleared out in the entryway.

"I'm getting ready to go out. I'll see you soon." Harry says, hugging me before he has to leave. I blush- noticeably.

"You ok, Lane?" Harry asks as he pulls away.

"Yes." I say, smiling shyly. I will never get used to this feeling. Harry actually cares about me.

"Good." Harry replies and kisses me. It is a much slower, more romantic kiss than before though. I feel his lips move with mine, and my body feels like it's melting.

They call his name finally, so he pulls away, leaving me with the taste of his lips, and walks towards the others.

I then head out to go watch the concert, probably smiling all too widely.

✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺

It is about halfway through the performance, and the boys are getting into the slower songs. Suddenly, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to find two teenage boys standing there looking down at me.

"C-can I help you?" I stutter. Way to hold your ground, Laney... NOT.

"Yeah. Come with us for a little bit, will ya? We can have some fun." The boy says, winking at me.

A red flag immediately goes up, sending adrenaline through my viens.

"I'm sorry. I'm here with someone." I say nervously. I want to walk away, but one of them pick me up and began to walk off with me. I scream for help and pound my fists against the boy, but that doesn't stop him. No one can hear my screams over the screams of the audience. Shit. 

:HARRY'S POV:

We have gone off-stage for a water-break and wardrobe change.

"Has anyone seen Laney? I didn't see her where she told me she would be." I ask, concerned. No one answers. So we begin to search. Everyone runs around backstage frantically, including the lads. I throw a hoodie on, so I won't be recognized, and run out to where I thought she would be. Louis and Liam decide to go back on stage to keep the audience occupied.

I call her name over and over. No answer.

Then, I see her, fighting and trying to escape two boys, my height. I immediately run over and pull them away. I throw a fist at one's face, and he falls back. knocking into the other one. I can hear Laney crying. They try to come at me, but I dodge, scooping Laney up. One of the guards reaches them before they can come back at Laney or I.

Laney continues to cry, hiding her face into my hoodie sleeve. She is terrified, and won't let go when I try to put her down. I don't think she knows who I am, but I don't think she cares. She needed help.

"Laney, you're safe now." I say, examining her. I see bruises and scratches all over her arms. She lets out a sigh of relief between sobs.

"Harry?" She says weakly, now looking up at me.

"Yeah baby, it's me." I reply.

Zayn and Niall motion to me. Shit. I have to go back on stage. I have Paul, my most trusted body guard, keep an eye on Laney so that I can go on.

We all go back on stage and continue the concert, although, Laney doesn't leave the back of my mind throughout the rest of the show.

✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺