Chapter 12: I Have What?!

---- this chapter is a huge twist in the story. By the way THANKS FOR 500+ readers!! Ahhh! I love y'all. You da sexiest nerds on the face of the planet. <3 ;).. Hope you're enjoying. Sorry I keep changing my cover too.. Can't decide on one! Ugh. Decisions... Decisions...----

Ch 12:

↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝

"Never have I ever, been in a car wreck!" Harry exclaims.

I chuckle, "well, that's a good thing," I then continue,"Never have I ever, been out of the United States."

Harry lights up. "Well, you should come with me to London! I love London." Harry says.

I smile, about to reply, but Harry is called to get ready to go onto the stage. We kiss goodbye, and Harry walks around the corner, tossing his curls. I can tell he's worried about leaving me, so I keep smiling.

"Knock 'em dead, babe." And at that, he smiles at me and disappears down the hallway.

↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝

I have been talking to Paul for most of the concert. Paul is my new favorite person to be with at concerts. The boys like to tease him though, but Paul is awesome!

Out of nowhere, a sharp pain shoots up my side. I lift my shirt slightly to see a subtle bruise. Maybe it's just a an old bruise I haven't noticed before?

↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝

Back at the hotel in Mansfield, it is late and all of us are exhausted.

"You look really pale, are you alright, love?" Harry asks, furrowing his eyebrows in concern.

"Yep. I'm fine." I reply rather short.

I get into my bed and lay on my side. The same pain ascends my side again, and I can't help but to let out a tiny whimper. Harry's eyes immediately focus on me. Damn it. I didn't think he would notice.

"Laney, something's wrong. Are you sick?" Harry asks as he walks over to my bed.

"No-no! Harry, I'm really alright!" I reply quickly. He places his hand on my head gently.

"Lane, you're burning up. You probably have a fever." Harry walks over to his phone and texts someone- probably one of the other boys.

Wait, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! This cannot be happening! If I'm sick then I will have to go home! I cannot be sick.

Then, Zayn and Liam walk into the room. Liam gives me a thermometer that I reluctantly take. The thermometer beeps after a few minutes, and the boys' mouths drop. Harry walks out of the room with his hands bound against his head. Zayn looks at Liam, and finally Liam breaks the silence, "105 degrees!" I burst into tears. No, that's not what I want to hear at all! But it makes sense, I feel like shit.

"Lane.." Zayn says in a quiet tone.

Then, Harry re-enters the room. Liam looks at him with a serious face. "We need to get her to the hospital, now."

↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝

I wake up in a plain, dimmed room. A lamp lights up the room in the corner. Zayn is sitting in a chair by the window on his phone. Harry lay next to me on the hospital bed, listening to music. I laid my head back, touching Harry's shoulder. He removes his headphones, and pulls me closer to his chest. I place my hand on my side which is in extreme pain.

"Harry, what's going on?" I ask weakly.

"We'll it's 1:30 in the morning. The doctors are running tests to figure out what's wrong with you. They are really concerned about your side, Lane. Apparently, whatever you have has been there for awhile." Harry explains. I lay back down against his chest.

Zayn sits up to speak. "Laney, Liam talked to you're parents. They will be here in the morning." I curse under my breath, but he was not wrong in calling themI suppose.

Great. This is all just great.

↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝

My parents arrive that morning. Surprisingly, they are super calm about the whole situation. They both really-really like Harry. They were impressed with how good he had taken care of me. My mom talked to Harry and I about the trip and what we had done so far, and my dad talked to Zayn and Liam about the tour and what their plans were as far as a band.

Eventually a doctor comes in and motions for everyone to take a seat. Harry sits next to me on the bed again. I grab onto his hand nervously.

The doctor begins to talk, "Alright, well, this is quite unfortunate, and initial shock is expected. Laney has had this for over a few months now it seems, but this particular illness is hard to diagnose early on. Laney has something called nueroblastoma. It's a cancer that causes her a lot of pain, especially around the tumor on her side, loss of appetite, weakness, and a high fever. The hard part is that the survival rate is 30%. " Everyone gasps. Except for me. I am in utter shock. My parents ask to speak to the doctor outside of the room, leaving Harry and I sitting on the bed. Zayn and Liam follow the others outside. I am bawling. Harry is crying pretty hard too, making me cry even more. This cannot be real..

↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝↝