23. Wrong Choices

Adam's POV

I've remained in the living room while Theo is busy collecting his things from his room. As time moves slowly, the front door begins to open. Fuck no.

I stand up immediately as Matt walks through and places the takeaway bags on the table. I should've known he was going to speed. He raises a brow when he notices my panic. "What's up with you?" He questions.

Before I can say anything, Theo descends the stairs with two full duffle bags. Matt turns his head to me with a lifeless expression. "What the fuck is he doing here?"

Theo begins. "I was just getting-"

Matt cuts him off. "I wasn't fucking asking you." He answers Theo sharply as he maintains intense eye contact with me.

I clear my throat due to the nervousness. I've never seen Matt like this. "He's just picking up his things." I reply.

"Why? Why are you helping him?"

"It's his things, man."

"So fuck! What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Matt raises his voice, showing his anger.

"It's not his fault, Matt." Theo interjects to my defence.

Matt finally directs his attention towards Theo. "Why did you leave? What was the reason, huh?" He demands with a mix of anger and frustration.

"I-uh, to be with my family." He replies hesitantly.

"That's bullshit. You didn't need to cut us all off for that. What's the real reason?"

Theo glances at me, then shifts his gaze back to Matt. "I wanted to leave Sav."

Sav?

"Why didn't you do it like a normal person? Tell her you're leaving her. Why go ghost? That still doesn't explain why you didn't tell the rest of us."

"I don't want to talk about it." 

"Well, you're going to have to, you piece of shit." The unclear answers add to Matt's frustration, intensifying his anger.

Theo ignores him as he turns towards me. "Thanks again, bro." He says before heading towards the door.

"Nah, what do you think you're doing?" Matt blocks Theo, confronting him. 

"Get out of my way, man." Theo says nonchalantly.

"Fuck off." Matt spits out as he delivers a heavy punch to Theo's face. 

Theo drops one of his bags, wincing as he holds his jaw. He doesn't fight back. Instead, he retrieves his bag and tries to get around Matt.

Matt grabs him by the shirt and punches him again, causing Theo to release both bags from his grip. As Matt throws more punches, Theo defends himself by dodging him and pushing him out of the way.

This only triggers Matt more as he starts attacking with more force, causing Theo to struggle to avoid his hits. Theo turns to me quickly in between this. "Can you help us?" He asks out of desperation.

I help Theo restrain Matt as I forcefully pull him away onto the sofa. Matt resists and then pushes me off him. "What the hell are you doing?!" He asks as he catches his breath.

Theo composes himself. "Look, I don't have a problem with any of you." He states through his heavy breaths.

Matt scoffs dismissively with his eyes fixed on the floor. "Fuck off before I kill you."

Theo picks up his bags before giving me a final look as he leaves with his things.

"You're seriously fucked in the head." Matt declares to me as he rubs his knuckles.