Safe Place

Chapter 27

Lucifer turns his attention back to Lilith who was looking deep in thought. "Lilz? What's on your mind?" He asks, wanting to know what his sister was thinking about that made her so lost in her own thoughts.

Lilith snaps her attention back on Lucifer. "Oh it's nothing brother, just thought about the meeting earlier and how we could punish the overlords who kill new sinners over such petty things." She didn't want to lie to her brother or keep him from his husband, but she would rather he stay ignorant of the fact that Alastor might not remember him.

Lucifer sighs as he lets KeeKee jump on top of his lap before he starts to pet her. "You know Lilz, I don't know what I'm going to do now. Sure I can raise Charles by myself but... He'll eventually look for his dad and ask questions about where he is.... And I don't know what i'll say to him once that happens." The king of hell says, watching Rosie play with Charles and Razzle. He didn't want to admit it, but he'll also miss his husband. Even when they've only been apart for a few hours he could already feel himself become more lonely at the absence of his partner.

Lilith looked at them as well then turned her gaze back to her brother who was now looking more saddened than he did before. Trying to think of a way to help Lucifer she looks around the office, an idea struck her then when her eyes caught the stack of files that were organized above Lucifer's desk. If she were to get her brother to work on them, then it might just distract him from Alastor. Charles however....

"Luci, I think I may have an idea." She says gaining Lucifer's attention back on her. "I want you to work as the king of hell again." When Lucifer opened his mouth to protest she immediately shushed him. "No, you won't be going on meetings with me like you did in the past, Rosie will still be the one coming with me for these meetings disguised as you. I'm suggesting that you should do the paperwork instead of Rosie, so you won't have to worry or get too stressed about Charles not having anyone to take care of him." She explains, she didn't want Rosie to deal with the paperwork since she's already been busy managing her emporium as well as coming with her to meetings.

Lucifer looked thoughtful, it would only be fair to Rosie and Lilith if he helped them with the duties that he, was supposed to do. "I... I see your point, I'll do the paperwork to get at least a bit of the load off on both your and Rosie's shoulders." He says feeling a bit selfish for letting his sister and her girlfriend handle most of the work.

"There's one more thing..." Lilith pauses, not sure how she could tell her brother as her gaze turns to Charles... "Hm? What is it Lilz?" Lucifer waits for her answer, watching her sigh before looking at him. "I think.... that it's best if you and Charles stay somewhere else." Lilith says reluctantly.

As much as she would've liked that they both stay here in the palace where she could keep an eye on them, she thinks that it's far too dangerous for them since sinners can come and go when they ask for an audience of the 'king and queen' of hell.

Because of that, she had questioned all the palace guards if there were sinners that went to her side of the palace, she then realized that none of them were responsible for two of her crystals getting stolen. In fact, one of them reluctantly admitted to suddenly becoming unconscious when her crystals went missing. She punished that guard of course, though she didn't fire him since he knows too much about the ins and outs of the palace, instead she had renewed all of the guards contracts to force them to tell her every incident that happens in the palace. The one guard who had gotten unconscious the day her crystals got stolen had only told her about the incident recently because he was afraid of losing his job.

That was what led her to acknowledge that only Dan and his goons were responsible for stealing her crystals when they were still alive, their shadow magic had easily lead them through the palace undetected. If three humans that only had shadow magic were able to infiltrate the palace... Well, she's sure that sinners with grudges towards angels won't have a problem to waltz right in here. The chances of those sinners stumbling upon Charles is very low... But she would rather not take that risk, not when her nephew could get killed because of it.