Paimy

Chapter 28

[November 2nd 1933]

"Your Majesty! Welcome to my humble abode~! Please, Make yourself at home!" Paimon bows to Lucifer as the king of hell walks out of the portal which quickly closes into the grand hall of the Goetia manor with Charles having a cloak hiding his halo as Razzle follows beside him. "I see you've certainly changed since the last time we've seen each other sire..." Paimon comments as he looks at the shorter man from his long waist length hair to his casual dress.

"Ye-yeah! Indeed I have! Hahaha... And you haven't changed at all Paimy~!" Paimon only rolls his eyes at the nickname, Lucifer gives him a small smile nonetheless, having missed the arrogant Goetia king's need to be 'formal' in front of him when the demon literally couldn't even try to hide his lack of formality if it were in front of anyone else.

"I guess Lilith has already filled you in on why we need to stay here then?" Why didn't he think that his sister would pick Paimon's manor? Despite the fact that she still has some hatred towards the attitude of the King of the Ars Goetia family, she still does admit, albeit grudgingly, that Paimon is the most devoted among all of the demons that follow him.

"Oh, well... she certainly has her way of insulting me while explaining about how your grace needed a place to stay that's more isolated? Of course my manor would make the perfect place for his Majesty, no one else resides in this manor except for me and my butler." Paimon tilts his head up, feeling proud that even his majesty's loathsome sister had thought it best for him to stay in HIS Goetia manor.

"It's been such a long time.... tell me, how's that son of yours? Stoly was it?" Lucifer asks as his favorite Goetia guides him inside his manor. "Well, he has successfully married and has produced an heir for the Goetia family and is now happily living in a separate manor. My grand daughter... Uh-" he leans down to the butler beside him who quickly whispers his granddaughter's name. "Octavia! Stays here at the manor every month for a week to learn more about the Goetia history and what is expected of her once she comes of age." Paimon paused as his attention turned to the cloaked bundle on Lucifer.

"Ah! This must be your Majesty's son I presume? Lady Lilith has told me all about-" just then the cloak that was hiding Charles' halo slips from his head as the toddler turns to see the man who was talking to his Ma. Paimon lets out an unmanly yelp as he instinctively jerks away from the angel.

"Oh! I'm sorry Pai, I-i thought you already knew-" Lucifer stutters out as he hurriedly tries to cover his son's halo back up. "Haha- it's alright your grace! No need to apologize erm... It's just that your son being an angel has caught me completely off guard there... Lady Lilith most certainly hadn't mentioned that little tidbit about your son being an angel earlier..." He did assume that his highness had fallen for a sinner or demon, but he couldn't even begin to fathom why the child had become an angel... Maybe his highness still is an angelic being after all.

He subtly smacks his butler who had his mouth so blatantly open while staring at the child making him immediately close it. "My apologies, Please don't be shy little one, you are welcome here in my manor even without that cloak. There are spells around the manor that could repel any intruders you see, so you won't have to worry about anyone seeing you with that glowing round halo of yours." Paimon reassures, patting the child's head before turning around and leading them towards their new room.

'well, that spell or ward thing could've been useful... If it weren't for the fact that it had literally burned some of the sinners that came to the castle when I had put it up hundreds of years ago.' he thought disappointingly, knowing that it would've been made possible for them to stay at the palace if it weren't for the fact that sinners would constantly walk right in to ask questions or demand that they be sent to heaven cause they 'don't deserve to be in hell.' along with trying to meet with the king and queen. It had resulted in a large number of complaints from the citizens but luckily none of them died but only had burn marks left on their bodies, but he did have to take the spell down for their 'safety'.