Chapter 13

A/N I know I said I'd get this part out a little ago but then I got superrrr sick. Anyways, enjoy!

Also, I only got one response on whether I should make a discord server or not please let me know!

PS, I think you should get some tissues...

Lucy's POV

It's a nice relaxing night. Tim, Tamara and I are watching a movie together. I suddenly get a gut feeling to check on the bunnies.

"Where are you going?" Tim asks as I get up.

"Bunnies," I tell him.

Both he and Tamara follow me.

I open the door and see Clover's fluffy body curled up. She's not moving or breathing.

"CLOVER," I scream, tears already welling in my eyes.

I race over to her and double-check if she's breathing. She's not.  Tim comes over and cuddles me, moving my face so I'm not looking at Clover. Tamara also joins the cuddle as Tim softly sways me as I sob.

"C-clover," I whisper.
"Shh. I know sweetie." Tim says softly.

I peek over my shoulder at Clover and sniffle.

"Did she die in pain?" Tamara asks.

I shake my head no, knowing if she was in pain there would have been noise.

"I want her cremated," I whisper looking at her little fluffy body.

"Of course baby," Tim says.

Tim's POV
The next few days are terrible for Lucy. She goes non-verbal and stays in bed. Today is the day Clover is getting cremated. I go into our room to talk to Lucy.

"Hey, sweetie," I say softly as I sit next to her in bed.
"I'm taking in Clover, would you like to come?" I ask her.

She shakes her head no.

"Okay, Tamara will still be here so if you need anything text her okay?" I tell Lucy.

Lucy gives me a tiny nod and then cuddles into her stuffie. I give her a light kiss on her forehead and then head off.

I go to the cremation place and hand over the box with the little bunny. I also make sure to pay the extra hefty sum of money for them to cremate Clover separately. Theifs. But in the end, it's for Lucy. And for me. Because I now will admit, that I've become quite the bunny person.

I head out to buy some food and then pick up the ashes. As I pick them up, the man comments on me having a bunny.

"A daughter's bunny?" He asks me.
"Uhm, no." I shake my head.
"You don't seem like the type of person to own a Bunny." The man says.
"She's my girlfriends," I tell him.
"Ah. Makes sense. Seems like a very cared-for bunny." The man says.
"Best believe it. The bunnies have air conditioning but we don't." I chuckle.

As I'm heading home I get a phone call from Tamara.

"Tamara? What's wrong?" I ask.
"Lucy's about to meltdown. What do I do?" Tamara asks, panicked.
"Noise-cancelling headphones, plushies and stim toys," I tell her.

As I drive home, I guide Tamara through looking after Lucy.

When I get home Lucy is in bed, Tamara in a chair next to the bed. Lucy looks to be doing much better, her headphones secured over her ears as she cuddles her Bunny. I climb into bed with her and cuddle up to her.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

She gives me a tiny head shake 'no.'

"That's perfectly fine too. No matter what I'll be right here." I tell her and cuddle up to her.

A few days later Lucy and I go back to work, Lucy claiming she's feeling okay enough to go. She's still more sensitive but at least she isn't always non-verbal anymore.

Halfway through the day the squad and a few other officers are with Lucy and me in a meeting in the roll call room when I notice Lucy is about to melt down from all the noises.

"Sir, I think Lucy and I need to leave," I tell Grey.
"Yeah." Grey nods after noticing Lucy's state.

Most of the others have no issues with this and don't mention it but of course, there's always those two people. 

Reid and Hanks. Both assholes, both slugs.

"How come she doesn't have to do work? If I throw a tantrum can I get out of it too?" Hanks smirks.
"Yeah! Not our fault she's not normal." Reid says.

I'm about to shout at them but Grey and Angela butt in by getting right in Reid's face and Angela in Hanks' face.

As soon as I see this I bring my focus to Lucy. 

I get her out of the roll call room and to my office. I turn the lights down, get her headphones on, stim toys and some plushies.

I then sit beside Lucy as she rocks herself under my desk.

I just wait silently, letting her have space and time to calm.

Once she calms I give her the choice to go home which she eagerly nods to.

We spend the remainder of the day playing with Winnie and Bonnie and cuddling.