six

Dedicated to @hors3per3on and @lol5sosaNa

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Delilah's POV

The worst part about sitting in a hospital bed, isn't the actual sitting part.

It's the feeling of abandonment.

The boys forgot about me, and I guess that all the stress and over working myself led to me having the heart attack.

"Hi, honey, how're you feeling?"

Nurse Leelah had been trying to get me to talk and eat, but so far none of her tactics seemed to be working so far.

"Okay, I'll just check your vitals, and see when you can be released."

After she left, everything in the room was almost silent. Excluding the heart monitor.

Leelah came back into the room, only to tell me I had visitors.

"Delilah, dear, there are four boys here to see you. Do you want me to let them in?"

I thought about it.

Let in the boys who forgot about me?

Or

Ignore them for the rest of my life?

Both will work.

I nodded to let her know it'd be okay, and she went on her way.

You could hear the heavy footsteps from the four man-children as they ran down the hallway.

One of them opened the door, and they walked in.

"Delilah? What are you doing here?" Michael asked, confused.

"We heard from Luke's mum that you were in the hospital."

I just nodded, and decided to not answer them anymore.

Then I figured, I will have to thank Luke's mom for earlier.

Leelah had come back in, and told the boys that the doctor would be here soon.

"Wow. You're pretty." Ashton said.

I scoffed, and the boys looked at me weird.

"Oh, uh, thank you."

She checked my vitals again, and then left.

There was a knock on the door moments after.

"Hello, I am Doctor Brady. Who is her parent / guardian?"

You could hear the boys whispering colourful words under their breath.

"Uh, yeah, about that... We were supposed to adopt her to day, but we had an interview, and had no idea she was at our house."

I found out I had a notepad and a pen on the nightstand, and grabbed them.

'WILL YOU JUST TELL US WHAT HAPPENED SO WE CAN LEAVE?'

"Oh yeah, well. Delilah, you did have a heart attack. And you'll be put on Bayer aspirin. And you can leave after we fill up your prescription."

They boys started to question when I had gotten to their house, and I just ignored them.

"Delilah, we are so sorry. We didn't-"

"Yeah, you're sorry. I was the one who cooked breakfast for you lot this morning." I wrote on the notepad.

"Really?"

'Yeah, that's why the house didn't burn down.'

"Okay, well, again we are sorry. We planned to get you after the interview, and I... guess we still have to sign the adoption papers."

I was kinda happy, they might've forgotten about me this morning, but they still wanted me. Even if I don't really talk.